Rain

She was walking towards a big grey cloud.

It looked horrifying with its dark patches and it was pulsating, like it was home to something really, really dangerous.

She knew it was only rain that hid behind the monochrome-colored mist but she shivered nonetheless.

Her head hurt and her hands had not stopped fidgeting with the hem of her black sweater since she started walking.

When that was she did not recall.

A drop on her bare right arm. Just a small one.

Then another one on her nose.

And then hundreds of them followed, on her other arm, her legs, her cheeks, her clothes, her tongue when she opened her mouth to taste it.

One landed right in her eye, making her squint it uncomfortably and rub it until the numbness from scratching had overpowered the pain.

When she looked at her hand it was smeared with mascara.

Like black ink it spread over her skin, in dark unpredictable circles, covering her iris and pupils with the same blackness that lived within them.

Her eyes widened.

The vision in front of her eyes swam and she hardly hit her head to stop the blurryness. A sharp pain errupted where she had hit and spread through the side of her head to her ear and to her teeth.

She stumbled to the side like a drunken person and tripped over her own foot.

There were only her palms to stop the fall.

It didnt hurt. Or it did. But her chest hurt more. Or her heart. As she looked up at the sky to glance at the dark cloud it felt like a knive carved out their names in the pulsating organ inside of her. Then her lungs. First the left part, then the right one and it felt like she couldnt breathe.

Her arms trembled and gave out. She rolled on her back and stared at the sky as the rain and salty tears filled her eyes.

She grasped her chest and gasped for air. There was no air so she tried to swallow the mouthful of spit that had gathered in her mouth.

It felt like choking so she rolled her head to the side and spit it on the ground instead.

Taking a deep breath was the first instinct but there was an invisible weight on her chest that stopped it from heaving and sucking in the precious air.

Panic filled her lungs instead and she scratched her left arm with long bloody fingernails. Her boots hit the ground in an attempt to let out the pressure.

Her head got cloudy, not like the dark gray cloud above her but a white smokey one that robbed her of any feeling.

Suddenly ring

Everything cleared in an instant.

The heavy weight disappeared and she consumed the air like a victim of drowning.

Looking for her phone she kicked it out from under her back.

"Hello?", in a staggered raspy voice.

"Come home."