-2-

JeongGuk laid in bed, his bedside lamp off, his back facing Namjoon as he watched the baby monitor. He heard a loud sigh, Namjoon's book snapping closed. "Are we really not going to talk because of the right choice to hand the child to authorities?" "He'll be in the system, Namjoon. I don't want him to grow up like I did," JeongGuk said softly, the corner of his lip twitching when he saw Yoongi yawn but continued to sleep. "Alright. The second this goes sideways JeongGuk.." Namjoon trailed off, JeongGuk nodding slightly, his mind going back to Yoongi's mother. How she was so standoffish with Yoongi but could see the longing in her eyes to form some sort of connection. JeongGuk nibbled on his lip, hoping the woman would keep her word to come back in the morning after Namjoon left for work. He closed his eyes when Namjoon kissed his cheek, sighing softly. "Stop thinking and go to sleep. I love you." "I love you too."

Namjoon was typing in his office, glancing at the phone as it started to ring, only to continue to type when he didn't recognize the number. He sighed through his nose when it immediately started again, picking it up. "Kim Namjoon." "Um... This is um..." Namjoon frowned, barely able to hear the female's hushed voice over the phone, "I'm sorry?" "I um..I can't speak louder. I apologize.. You and your partner.. You have my son."

JeongGuk was feeding Yoongi, jumping when the door slammed shut. He turned around, seeing an angry Namjoon. "You alright?" "You met his mother TWICE?" "I may have," JeongGuk said, turning back around and facing Yoongi, spooning the mashed bananas into the child's mouth. "JeongGuk, you know what I mean." "Yet you took it upon yourself to come in here and shout at me. I don't think I do if you can't communicate with me in a normal voice," JeongGuk answered, cooing at Yoongi. "Hello JeongGuk. You met with his mother?" "JeongGuk nodded, continuing to feed Yoongi, "I did. She showed up to the house the first time and then we met at the park today." "And Yoongi?" "She doesn't want him," JeongGuk said plainly, wiping Yoongi's chin gently, "She came to make sure he was okay and then she told me everything I needed to know. Even gave me the documents." JeongGuk held up the aforementioned documents, Namjoon taking them as he examined them. "So-" "There's no connection. Well... she wants no connection, no updates. She didn't even want to hold him." "What?" "She didn't want to hold him," JeongGuk repeated, seeing as he put the finished bowl to the side, grabbing a wet wipe and cleaning Yoongi's hands and face. "But why our home?" JeongGuk gave a shrug, he knew... he just didn't want to tell Namjoon. If Mina wanted to tell Namjoon, she could've. Not only that, JeongGuk didn't feel like repeating such an upsetting story in front of Yoongi, even though he was still small. "She called me at work." "She asked for your number. She just needed to see something. That's all."

Namjoon picked up Yoongi, the child crying his eyes out. He was exhausted, patting his back as he yawned. "Yoongi, what's wrong right now? I'm probably not the person you want right now huh?" Namjoon whispered, sitting down on the couch. He grabbed JeongGuk's beige blanket, sighing as he tucked it around Yoongi, Yoongi immediately reducing his crying to soft sniffles. "Ah... yeah, he does have a nice aura around him doesn't he?" Namjoon whispered, sighing as he relaxed on the couch, holding Yoongi close to his chest. He yawned again, shaking his head, "Why did I do this?"