Chapter 4: Black And Blue

Two days in a row. Jimin wondered when was the last time she had two days off in a row. Moreover, she also wondered when was the last time she woke up before the sunrise on her day off.

She looked at her watch before quickly tying up her shoes and walked out of her usual room in Ningning's apartment and quietly making her way to the front door.

Only to shriek in a high pitch note when she bumped into Ningning who just walked in, dressed in her sport attire. "Jesus, you scared me!" The younger woman smacked her arm.

"I scared you? You scared me!" Jimin yelled back at her. "Where did you come from anyway?" She scanned Ningning's sweaty appearance and raised her eyebrow. "Did you really go out to jog? Don't you have a hangover?"

Ningning snorted as she patted Jimin's shoulder while passing her. "I don't do hangovers." She turned around in realization. "Wait, where are you going? You don't do jogging, you go to gyms."

Jimin shrugged, acting as casual as she could. "Why can't I do both?"

Looking down at her friend's feet, Ningning raised her eyebrow. "Not in boots, you can't." She narrowed her eyes. "You're going to the flower shop, aren't you?" Jimin gulped before she quickly looked away, ready to deny it but still processing her other lies. "You can't be more obvious!" Ningning chuckled as she smacked her arm playfully. "Oh my God, Jimin, just go." She shook her head and walked away. "I wish I could ask you to say hi for her from me, but I remember she doesn't even know who you are."

Rolling her eyes, Jimin reached for the doorknob and walked out.

There was no doubt that the cold season was coming, the cold wind blowing on her face made her feel grateful for her decision to wear a fluffy scarf instead of wearing a mask to hide her face. She shoved her hands into her jacket's pockets and pulled it tighter to her body. She wondered how Ningning managed to go out in such thin work out clothes.

But all of her thoughts in her mind swept away with each step she took. It felt like Minjeong appeared in every movement she made.

First it was about her worries for the woman's safety. Her mind imagining Minjeong's sweet face colored black and blue with little cuts here and there like her friend described. She wondered if Minjeong really was telling the truth, or maybe she was just being polite to a stranger that she wasn't comfortable sharing her story with.

She also wondered why Minjeong hadn't been texting her. Was Ningning's theory correct? Did Minjeong get robbed?

And lastly, Jimin thought about the same thing that kept her up late at night. Was she really having a crush for Minjeong?

The sun had barely appeared, but when Jimin turned at the last corner, her steps halted as she saw Minjeong in front of her shop, holding a big basket of flowers, talking to a tall man.

They were frowning at each other.

Pulling her scarf a bit more to cover her face, Jimin stayed still, not wanting to interrupt Minjeong and whoever was talking to her.

She changed her mind when she heard the man raise his voice at the florist. Frown appeared on her own face as she, without thinking much, started walking up to them, and ended up picking up her speed when she saw him swatted the basket out of Minjeong's arm before he walked away.

"Hey!" She yelled out that sounded like a growl with her hoarse voice. When the man only looked back without bothering to stop and looked away again, she cursed out. "What the fuck?" Contemplating whether to help Minjeong who was now on her knees, picking up her precious flowers or chase the man to smack him, Jimin chose the first one in reflex when she reached the poor woman. Her breath was short as she clenched her jaws in frustration.