Chapter 1

It is my sister's wedding day, and everything was as perfect as the couple had planned. The ceremony took place at a grand estate, with manicured gardens and ancient trees providing a picturesque backdrop. Archways draped in white and pastel flowers and twinkling fairy lights set a magical scene. Guests sat on vintage wooden chairs with plush cushions, arranged neatly on either side of a petal-strewn aisle.

The reception was set in the estate's grand ballroom, featuring high ceilings, crystal chandeliers, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the beautiful gardens. In the center of the room was a large dance floor, with a canopy of twinkling lights overhead creating a starry sky effect. A live string quartet serenaded guests during the ceremony and dinner, later transitioning to a live band or DJ for a lively dance party. Guests enjoyed a whimsical photo booth with fairy tale-themed props, and a dessert table boasting a multi-tiered wedding cake adorned with edible flowers and fairy tale motifs, along with an array of sweets like macarons, petit fours, and fairy cakes. Outside, a vintage car, decorated with flowers matching the wedding theme, awaited to whisk the couple away.

Her Groom, Jeon Jeongguk looked impeccable in his perfectly tailored designer suit picked by her.

Everything was perfect, just as my sister had envisioned. Everything except, It was me, Kim Seokjin, a 25 year old unfortunate one in the family, is the one getting betrothed to the man my sister was engaged to.

TWO DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING - [JEON FAMILY]

What the fuck is going on, Park? Why did you interrupt me during a meeting? What's the urgent matter?" Jeongguk burst into his office, his voice filled with frustration.

"Sir, your parents are here," Jimin, his assistant, replied nervously, feeling the brunt of his boss's anger.

"Do you not fucking understand that I am not to be disturbed while I am working?" Jeongguk exclaimed as he noticed his parents waiting for him in the office.

"Jeongguk, my son," his mother approached him with tears in her eyes.

Jeon Jeongguk, a 30-year-old Vice Chairman of Jeon Industries, a prominent industrial company in South Korea, grew up in a world where success, ambition, and business prowess were highly valued. Family gatherings often centered around discussions of business strategies, market trends, and financial objectives, all with a strong focus on upholding and advancing the family's legacy.

Having received an exceptional education focused on business, economics, and leadership from prestigious schools and universities, Jeongguk's upbringing was far from ordinary. At six years old his, while his peers played in the sand and water, he was made to undergo rigorous training for debate competitions. This relentless drive to excel in everything he did was deeply ingrained in him.

As the sole heir, Jeongguk faced immense pressure to live up to his family's high expectations. It was this pressure that led him to agree to marry Kim Sujin, the daughter of the President of the Nation. Their marriage was merely a strategic alliance, uniting two powerful and affluent families. Love and genuine affection were foreign concepts to Jeongguk, as his relationships had always been fleeting and superficial, consisting of casual encounters throughout his teenage and adult years. His mother often arranged blind dates for him, most of which ended with him either ditching the date or spending a single night together.

However, everything changed when he met Kim Sujin two months ago on a date arranged by their families. She was unlike anyone he had ever met before - kind, understanding, and accepting of his reserved nature. She never pressured him to open up or share more than he was comfortable with. Unlike his previous experiences, she was not clingy or possessive, allowing both of them to have their personal space. Jeongguk genuinely believed that this relationship could work. He was touched by her thoughtfulness and dedication, as she took charge of all the wedding preparations, even picking out his designer suit. At some point, he realized that he trusted her more than he trusted himself.