Crossing paths

Meanwhile at Saket's place:

"Saku, you promised to take me to the park today," a little girl of about three said, her innocent smile lighting up her face.

Saket's face lit up with a broad smile upon seeing her. Scooping her up into his arms, he planted a tender kiss on her cheek and responded, "Good morning, my princess. Has Saku ever broken a promise he made to his little princess?"

"But you just mentioned that you were going to Cafe Max," the child interjected, her expression dimming with disappointment.

"Oh, my Saanu, all this plan for Cafe Max comes after our special time at the park," Saket reassured her warmly.

"I love you, Saku," Saanvi said, hugging him tightly.

"I love you too, mera bachha (my baby). Now go to Mumma and have some milk," Saket instructed gently.

"No, Saanvi wants coffee", the child demanded.

"Saanvi," a lady called from behind.

"Mummaa," Saanvi cried, running into her mother's arms. "Come, let's have a glass of milk," the lady said, kissing Saanvi on the forehead.

"Saku, tell Mumma that Saanvi wants coffee," Saanvi insisted.

"Saanvi, beta, is that any way to address your uncle?" the lady chided gently.

"But Mamu himself asked me to call him Saku," Saanvi replied earnestly.

"But Mumma is the elder one, right? So listen to Mumma and never call Mamu by his name, okay bachha?", the lady instructed.

"Okay, Mumma," Saanvi agreed.

"Come, let's get some coffee for our princess," the lady said, tickling her daughter as they headed to the kitchen.

"Saku...," Saket murmured to himself, smiling.

After a while, Saket is seen having his breakfast with a family.

"So, Saket, I couldn't ask you yesterday. How did the reunion go?", a man enquired.

"It was great, Jiju (brother-in-law), apart from an unexpected encounter," Saket replied.

"Unexpected? Who did you meet?" his jiju asked.

"He's talking about Nitara," his sister interjected.

"You met her?" his jiju asked, surprised.

"Yes. And you know, she didn't even look at my face. She just left with tears in her eyes. She's still that same emotional person," Saket said, smiling nostalgically.

"It seems like someone's having flashbacks," his sister teased.

"No, Di. It's just that... Nothing, leave it," Saket said, his voice trailing off.

"Hmm hmm... Someone's blushing, it seems," jiju teased further.

"You guys are so..." Saket stopped mid-sentence, trying hard to suppress a smile.

"By the way, I'm going to meet her at Cafe Max tonight," Saket continued.

"But do you think you guys will be able to open up like you used to?" his sister asked.

"I don't know, Di. I'll try my best to keep things light. Besides, it'll just be two old friends catching up," Saket replied.

"Best of luck, Sakuuu... Oops, Mamu," Saanvi said.