Chapter one

"AGAIN KATSUKI"
if I hear the words again and katsuki together in a sentence one more time it might be the thing to that finally tips me over the edge.
I've been on the edge since I woke up this morning with a hangover sent directly from the pits of hell so the last thing I need right now is more grief from Coach Aubrey brady.
I focus on suppressing my annoyance like I do every training session which makes it a mission to push me to my limits rationalizing It's her decision that makes you such a successful coach I decide throwing my ice skates at her is something that should stay in my imagination you're being "sloppy Kats" she yells as we fly straight past her "sloppy girls don't get Medals"what did I say about not throwing skates at her?
" come on Katsuki put in some effort for once" Shoto snickers put poking his tongue out at me when I shoot in the cold glare
Shoto todoroki is the best male figure skater the university of California, maple hills has to offer. When I was offered a spot at UCMH and my skating partner wasn't Shoto was luckily in the the same position and we became pairs. This is our third year of skating together and our third year of getting our asses kicked
I have a Siri but Aubrey is it a soviet spy I don't have any evidence and my theory isn't well developed, developed at all actually but sometimes when she's screaming at me to straighten my spin or lift my chin I swear a Russian accent slips out do you speak you live for a woman from Philipsburg Montana Comrad Brandy was a figure skater superstar in her heyday even now her movements are delicate and controlled and she moves with such grace it's hard to believe she can shout as loud as she does the green hair is always pulled back into a tight one which accentuates her high cheekbones and she's always wrapped in a signature faux fur black coat which Shoto jokes is where she keeps her secrets
The Rumour is she was supposed to go to the Olympics with her partner wyatt however wyatt and Aubrey were practising those lips a little too often and she ended up holding a baby instead of a gold medal,
That's why she's been in a bad mood since she started coaching 25 years ago.
"Clair de Lune" fades as Shoto and I finish our routine nose to nose, our chests heaving against each other as we try to catch our breath. When we finally hear a single clap, we move apart and skate toward what will undoubtedly be the source of my next headache.

I haven't even stopped moving when her green eyes lock on me and narrow. "When are you going to land your Lutz? If you're not going to deliver, it needs to come out of your long program."

Aside from Brady, successfully doing a quadruple Lutz and not landing on my ass is the current bane of my existence. I've been practicing for God knows how long, but I can't quite manage to nail it. Shoto can execute it flawlessly, which is why I convinced the choreographer to put it into our routine in the first place.

Pride is a foolish thing. It's incredibly foolish when it comes to figure skating, since when you get it wrong, you bounce your face off solid ice. I'd take face-planting over the annoying, fake disappointed face Shoto pulls any time it's suggested we take it out.

"It's coming, Coach," I say with as much fake enthusiasm as possible. "I'm getting there; it's not perfect yet, but I'll keep practicing."

It's a minor lie, a harmless one. I am getting there. What I've failed to mention is I'm only getting there off the ice, specifically when I'm attached to equipment that helps me get there.

"She's getting there," Shoto lies, throwing an arm around my shoulders. "Just a bit longer, AB."

It's nice for Shoto to be on my side and show a united front to KGB Aubrey. What he says in private is that the only way I'm going to pull it off is if I start doping and build a time machine to get my prepuberty body back.

She mutters something inaudible and waves us off flippantly. "I'll see you two back here tomorrow, and if you could both not be hungover, that would be great. I'm fairly certain eating In-N-Out before training isn't going to get either of you onto the Olympic team. Understood?"