Chapter:13, Responsibility

Hi bunnies im back and hope you are excited for this chapter so without any further due we are gonna divert back into the story.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Neha's pov:

I was in my room choosing my outfit to go to the company after bhai just dropped the bomb on me that I also have to join him.

It's usually just him going to the company for the updates on Sunday, but taking me with him is something unexpected as I usually go to the company for specific events.

I know bhai doesn't like going to the company. I specifically never asked the reason behind it as it was his choice. But baba always wanted him to be involved in the business, so he asked bhai to go to the company on Sundays.

It's rare when bhai denies baba's wish, and the rare moment was this. Bhai doesn't seem to like the idea of getting involved in the company.

But in the end, he agreed to baba's wish.

While thinking, I chose a white pant and light green shirt, with which I chose to wear some golden cuff earrings, a cute little bracelet, and did some touch-up.

With that, I was ready to get going and start the day. I sprayed a little perfume on myself. I heard a knock on my door, and in one minute, bhai entered the room.

He was wearing blue jeans with a white t-shirt and topped it off with a dark brown blazer.

His focus was on his watch as he said, without looking up, "We are gonna be late, so finish up fast."

I flicked my fingers together to catch his attention as I moved to grab my bag.

I am already ready, bhai. See? And I did a small twirl in front of him, showcasing my outfit, for which I simply got a nod as a reply.

With that, he walked out of my room as a sigh left my mouth, and I started to follow him.

Sitting in the passenger seat, Bhai started the car as silence filled the car. I decided to break it as the only thing I don't need right now is silence, a way I can hear my thoughts.

"Why am I suddenly going to the company? Please enlighten me," I said tiredly.

"When did uncle tell me to start going to the company?" Bhai countered back with a question.

"Two years ago, after you turned 21," I said, not understanding the connection between the two situations.

"Guess who is turning 21 in some months," Bhai said as I quickly looked at him, trying to find a hint of unseriousness in him.

But why, when you are already present there, why do I have to join? I said in a small voice.

"I only check on our automobile and IT subordinates, nothing else. So from now on, you are going to check on the fashion industry," Bhai explained as I just kept silent the whole time.

Where did Baba get the idea of making me in charge of this?

Instead of answering, he simply shrugged, and with that, we both fell into the solace of silence.

I tried my best not to let my thoughts roam around the incident from last night. I pretended everything was like before.

After sometime we both reached the company's main branch of our empire, as we walked in, the employees stood in their places, some with shocked expressions.

Maybe because of my unexpected visit. I looked towards bhai and understood that the heaviness in the air was because of his presence.

Bhai's already straight face turned into a stony one as he walked straight to the elevator, ignoring the employees who greeted him.