Chapter 1

Jade drove past the "Welcome to Mystic Falls" sign. She was home again. She had missed Mystic Falls, her family and her friends.

Jade was what most people considered a "wild child." Her parents had sent her to a boarding school near where her Uncle Mason lived, due to a lot of issues she had beforehand. As young as she was before starting high school, she had already started getting herself in trouble. The peer pressure got to her in middle school and she traded her friends like Caroline Forbes, Bonnie Bennett, Matt and Vicki Donovan, and her childhood best friend, Elena Gilbert, for older girls. She snuck out to parties her parents wouldn't allow her to go to. She drank alcohol and hooked up with older guys.

So, her parents sent her to boarding school, hoping that when she came back she would be a different person. And she was a different person. Partly in the way her parents wanted. But, also she's also different in a way her family would be completely unexpected.

An incident at the boarding school had made her decide to come home two years early.

As she drove into the town, there was some barking. Her dog, Kingsley, was sitting in the passenger seat next to her looking out the window. Her Uncle Mason had got him for her when she moved in with him so she wouldn't be so lonely. Jade loved her boy.

"Yeah, we're home, boy." Jade said as she pet the dog.

Jade pulled into the driveway of her family's large estate and got out of the car. She put Kingsley's leash on him and carried him inside, knowing that her mother would have a fit if he ran around the house with dirty paws. Not that he had dirty paws.

"Hello?" Jade called.

Her parents and brother walked into the hallway to greet her.

"Welcome home, sweetheart." Her mother, Carol, said.

"Thanks Mom." Jade said. "It's good to be back home."

"Hey Jada." Tyler greeted her with a hug. "Good to see you again."

Even though her name was Jade, Tyler liked calling her Jada.

"I've missed you, Ty." Jade said, returning the hug.

"Me too." Tyler said.

Jade looked to her father, who greeted her with a small smile and short hug. It was mainly her father's idea to send her to boarding school.

Kingsley started barking again.

"Alright boy." Jade said. "I'll take you out in a minute."

It had been a long drive and had been awhile since he had done his business.

"We got some things for your dog before you arrived." Carol said. "Please pick up after him and try to make sure he doesn't make a mess of the house please."

"Will do." Jade said. "I'm going to take him out so he can go to the bathroom."

"I'll grab your things from the car." Tyler said.

"Thanks." Jade said.

A little bit later, Jade walked into her room with Kingsley. Nothing had changed really, aside from her mom probably keeping it neat and tidy. There was a dog bed added, next to her bed, for Kingsley. Along with some new toys for him. Jade let her uncle know she was home. "Come on boy. Let's give you a bath so you go about the house without giving Grandma a heart attack."

Kingsley barked and Jade took him to her bathroom to bathe him.