Chapter 1

Ezra's POV

My eyes widen when I realise that Are is standing next to the front door of the pack house.

I knew that he was my mate since I turned sixteen which was over two years ago.

I decided to not tell him about the fact that we're mates, and only a few weeks later, he got in an accident and he was in a coma ever since then.

Or at least I thought that he was, but it seems that he's awake now.

He looks very pale and weak, but I he has a smile on his face while he's talking with my older brother, Knight.

I wonder if I should greet him or not, but I'm sure that he still doesn't know that I'm his mate.

So, he will most likely be confused if I will get him, because we never really talked before.

Before I knew that he was my mate, we just had our own groups of friends, and neither of us looked at the other one twice.

And after I got to know that we're mates, I made sure to avoid him, because I really hate when people tell their mate they they're mates, before the both for them can feel the bond.

In my opinion, both of the mates should find out about this on their own, and I'm willing to wait whoever it will yake for Are to realise that we're mates.

I decide to walk away before they can notice me, and I go back to my house, even though I just left it.

I was supposed to hang out with one of my friends, but I would have to walk past my mate to get inside of the pack house, and I'm not willing to do this.

I take my phone out of my pocket, and I call Dave right after I walk inside of my house.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi. Can we hang out in my house instead?" I ask him.

"Sure. But why?" He asks, and I quickly consider what I want to tell him.

"I can't tell you." I say, and I'm sure that he rolled his eyes.

"I will be there soon." He tells me, and then he hangs up.

It takes him only a few minutes to get here, and I quickly open the front door when I see him through the window in the living room.

"Did you know what Are woke up?" I ask, and he frowns.

"Is Are the boy that your brother used to hang out with?" He asks me, and I nod.

"I saw him around the pack house sometimes." He tells me.

"How long was he awake? I thought that he was in a coma." I say, and he shrugs.

"The first time, that I saw whim was a few months ago, so I guess that he was awake for a long while." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

Now I feel like a very bad mate, because I didn't know anything about it, and I'm not even sure what happened to Are.

I wanted to see him a lot for times, but I never came up with a good excuse, so I just stayed away from him.