Chapter 31

Are's POV

"I don't want to be here anymore." I say, before I close the book that's in front of me.

Then I stand up, and I leave the room as quickly as I can, hoping that the teacher won't make me stay here.

When I was sick, Devonte allowed me to skip school, but it seems that he decided that I will have to start to learn everything that I missed.

He found a teacher for me, and he gave me the keys to one of the old offices, so I can learn there.

I didn't want to complain to him about it, even though I really don't want to do this.

He's my Alpha after all, and the fact that I'm now a part of his family doesn't change that.

So, I know that I should do whatever he told me to do, but I don't feel well today, so I really don't want to be in the pack house right now.

At first, I decided to pretend that I was feeling fine, because I didn't want Ezra to drag me back to the pack hospital.

But then the teacher started to scold me, because apparently, I didn't pay enough attention to him, and my headache got a lot worse than it was before.

So, I decided to leave, but now I kind of regret doing that.

I know that it won't take long for Devonte to find out about this, and I'm pretty sure that Ezra is with his right now.

Which means that I will be getting an even worse headache very soon.

I groan in annoyance, while I walk towards Devonte's house, because I really don't want to deal with all of this.

When I reach the house, I unlock the door, and I walk inside, then I go upstairs right away.

I walk inside of Ezra's bedroom, and I look at the lock for a long while, but then I shake my head, and I decide to leave the door unlocked.

I know that it will take only a few seconds for Devonte or Ezra to break the door, so there's no point in locking them.

I wait onto them for about half an hour, but they don't come here, so I let myself relax a bit, because that most likely means that they won't come here for now.

Maybe the teacher didn't tell them anything.

I have no idea why he would have done that, but I'm definitely grateful for that.

I quickly go to the bathroom, before I lay on the bed, and I decide to close my eyes, hoping that I will be able to take a nap.

Thankfully, I start to fall asleep quickly, but I don't manage to do that, before I hear that the someone is opening the front door.

I listen as three people walk upstairs, and I decide to pretend that I'm sleeping, even though I know that they will know that I'm lying.

It doesn't take long before the door to this room opens, and I can smell that Devonte, Wren, and Ezra are here.