nothing hurts like you do

Thursday, September 1st

"You gonna join us tonight, y/n?" Sasha asks over her shoulder.

You cock your head in confusion, looking at her and then back at Jean. "What's tonight?"

Jean stares at you before facing Sasha again. "You haven't told her yet?"

"Not yet," she laughs, shaking her head.

"Tell me what!?" You interrupt the two.

They twist their heads, facing each other with the same look in their eyes, a small smile tugging on their lips.

Right as Jean opens his mouth, he's interrupted by a knock on the door.

The three of you turn your heads at the sound of someone waiting outside.

Sasha groans, grabbing her clothes and going into the bathroom to change.

"Someone else get it!" she yells, slamming the door behind her.

You and Jean exchange glances and he smiles, putting his hands up.

"Hey, it's not my dorm."

You shoot him a glare but nonetheless trudge over to the door, grabbing the handle, turning it, and swinging it open.

You were pleasantly surprised by who was behind it.

"Aye! What's good, new girl?" Connie asks, wrapping his arms around your neck, and pulling you into his chest.

You laugh, slightly caught off guard but happy to see him regardless.

You hug him back, snaking your arms around his back. "Hi, Connie."

He lets go of you and gently moves past you, unlike the guy who stampeded through you on your way up to the room. What an asshole. You couldn't believe someone could just do that and not even say sorry. Not even make eye contact.

You shut the door behind him as he walks past and sinks on the couch, pulling out a neon green lighter and a joint, and attempting to light it.

Jean knocks it out of his hand and then slaps the back of his head. "Fucking dumbass. Don't do that in here."

Connie winces, holding the back of his head, rubbing it, and looking up at Jean, clearly frustrated. "You want me to do something else instead?"

Jean picks up the spliff from the floor and pockets it. "We talked about this, Connie."

You stand in the corner of the room, seemingly invisible to the two boys who are going back and forth.

Connie reaches into his hoodie pocket, grabbing something else but Jean yanks his arm, stopping him.

"Don't even think about it."

Connie yanks his arm away and stands up, getting in Jean's face.

"Get out of my fucking way, Jean."

Jean stands there, not backing down but not initiating anything either. Simply stands his ground.

A moment passes of Jean looking down at Connie, anger etched all over the latter's face.
Suddenly he pushes past Jean, making his way towards the door.

Without even a look at you, he rips the door open and storms out. Jean wastes no time following him, rushing out the door and jogging to keep up with him.

"Connie!" You hear him yell from down the hallway.

You stick your head out, trying to find the two boys but when you finally do and look around, it appears that they're already gone.