Part- 26

Digvijaya groaned, rubbing his temples as a throbbing headache pulsed behind his eyes. He stumbled to the bathroom, wincing at the sharp pain in his jaw.

Digvijaya: (Slurring his words) What the...? How did I even get home?

(He stared at his reflection in the mirror, his face a mess of bruises and dried blood. Fury surged through him as he remembered the events leading up to his blackout. He had Y/n cornered, almost within his grasp, then... nothing. Just a deafening bang and then... darkness.)

(He slammed his fist against the mirror in frustration. The glass shattered, sending shards flying and a sharp pain shooting up his arm. Blood dripped from his knuckles)

(Digvijay harmed himself in frustration

(Digvijay harmed himself in frustration.)

...
(A frantic banging on the door startled him. It was his mother's voice, laced with worry, calling his name.)

Digvijaya's Mom: (Through the door) Digvijaya! Digvijaya, are you alright in there?!

(Digvijaya scrambled to open the door, trying to hide the damage he'd done)

Digvijaya: (Forcing a smile) Mom? I'm fine, just... a little accident.

(His mother rushed in, her eyes widening at the sight of his bleeding hand and the shattered mirror.)

Digvijaya's Mom: Oh my god, Digvijaya! What happened? Get the servants, quick! We need the first-aid kit!

(As his mother cleaned his wounds, her concern morphed into a different kind of question.)

Digvijaya's Mom: And where is Y/n, my dear? Did she leave already?

Digvijaya: (Shrugging, feigning confusion) Y/n? Mom, I... I honestly don't remember anything after a few drinks last night. Everything's a blur.

Digvijaya's Mom: (Sighing) It's alright, beta. Don't worry about it. I knew this plan wouldn't work anyway. But don't fret, I have a plan B. Just wait patiently for a few weeks.

Digvijaya: (Frustrated) Weeks? Mom, that's an eternity! After last night... after feeling her... her scent is still on me! I can't wait, Mom! I want her now!

Digvijaya's Mom: (Placing a hand on his arm, her voice firm) Okay, okay, calm down. She'll be yours, I promise. Just be patient. And for now, focus on the election. You need to win this seat again. And for that, we need Y/n. Leave everything else to me. You just stay quiet and focus on finding out who's digging into your past. We both know it was a woman, but who? Find her.

Digvijaya: (Defeated) Okay, Mom. You're right. (He hangs his head, a flicker of fear in his eyes)

 (He hangs his head, a flicker of fear in his eyes)