𝟓.) 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄.

brent pov
location: his car

"Chris....Christopher!" shouted Chanel "Are you even listening to me at all?" She would shout at me from the passenger seat giving me an impatient and frustrated look as I was texting and driving as I was trying to get in contact with Y/N. *Why the fuck is she not answering?! It's been almost a week already* I thought to myself *Wherever she at I hope she's aight, can't believe I'm worried bout a bitch who probably not even thinking bout a nigga fr.* I thought again before I took a quick glance over to see Chanel on the brink of tears. *crybaby ass*

I quickly take her hand into mine and say "Baby, I'm sorry, don't cry." Just to shut her ass up cause honestly she was annoying tf outta me rn. "You tryna go out to eat or sum? just let me know so I can reserve our seats." I told her and of course she replied with a quick nod of her head (all she do is use me for my money). We soon arrived at 'The Urban Merchant' where they had all types of seafood & ramen n some otha shitz cuz what girl doesn't like seafood??

"Reservations for 2 under Chris Wood" I said to the greeter standing at the front of the restaurant. "Yes of course sir right this way" he then guided up to the table in the back behind marble wall separating us from the rest of the people in the restaurant. We sat down for a little waiting for our server to come to the table. "Welcome to the Urban Merchant i'm y/n i'll be your waitress" our server walked over looking up at the same time I looked up at her and it was y/n...from Club Zero.

My eyes widened quickly not expecting to see her then I quickly composed myself and relaxed forgetting Chanel was there. My eyes slickly scanned her up and down. She looked good asl in her uniform, everything fitted her curves just right, hair in a slick back bun, however what I really took notice of was the fact that she had a bruise, not only on her neck but on her eye that was still somewhat visible through makeup she used to I guess attempt to cover it up. seeing this lighted a fire in my chest. *Who tf would have a reason to hit a woman like that wtf. But it ain't my business, right ? nah fuck that.*

"AHEM." I snapped back into the moment realizing where I was. Chanel was looking at me like I was crazy. "Yea uh- my bad let me get the spicy ramen special." I told y/n my order. She was looking down the whole time. Didn't even look me in the eyes not once. "Of course sir, and for you ?" She looked over at Chanel.

"Mhmm. Yea lemme get the king crab boil and I want everything in there don't leave nun out I would hate to turn this bitch upside down, thank youuu" and with that hungry ass statement we both handed our menus to y/n and she quickly walked around the marble wall outta my vision. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. "man you ain't have to say allat, they ain't never did us wrong at this restaurant Chanel." I told her cuz fuck is her problem?? "I aint never seen that hoe working here, had to make my presence and seriousness known baby and oh hell nah you sticking up for a new waitress ?? don't piss me off Christopher, still lowkey irritated witcho ass." she replied

"Mmcht- mane fuck on. i'll be back." I said standing up. "uh uh where you think you goin- damn Chanel a nigga can't go piss now ?? need to calm yo hungry ass down." I cut her off excusing myself from the table to go to the "bathroom" but in all actuality I went searching for y/n. I did eventually find her and swiftly slid her into the family bathroom without anyone seeing us, locking the door behind us.

y/n pov:

"what the f-" id mumble since I didn't know who grabbed me.  "It's jus me, chillat lil mama" brent chuckled. I laughed a lil before saying "oh— hey." I just stood there not knowing what to say. I didn't think i'd see him again but here we are...in a family bathroom of my job's. "I ain't know you work here" he stated. "oh um- yea I started a couple weeks ago" I replied feeling nervous under his gazed. the way he was staring at me was creating a warmth in my stomach I didn't know what to do with.

"Yea dats coo- im sorry. about leaving you like that. I ain't mean to come off like a asshole or nun" my eyes widened at his statement. he- apologized. and meant it. hmm. "Oh ! don't even trip. it's fine, i'm fine." i said tryna laughing it off a little bit. "Nah it's not but thats a conversation for a later date what happened to yo face." He questions. My hand quickly hovers over my face but he grabs my hand— "nah, youn gotta cover it up I already seen it." he says still holding my hand.

I wanted to lie. I wanted to lie soo bad but he just makes me feel like I don't have to so I say "my - my boyfriend...". brent immediately scrunches up his face but before he gets a chance to say anything "Y/N ? you in here ?? we need you on the floor taking orders !!" one of my coworkers yell. "Sorry I gotta go— i'll text you when I can.." I respond before slowly letting of his hand and leaving out making sure no one sees me.

As soon as I left I finally let out a deep breath walking towards some other tables to serve. *Why does he care* was all I could think about.