Chapter 1: Walking Straight into the abyss

"And suddenly, I found myself in this strange place, a place reached only by people like me, those who once chose the wretched path to serenity,Suddenly, my life crumbled like houses in a perilous earthquake, at the tender age of 18, a lost boy without parents, living solitary, with only the devil standing in the corner, smiling at me with a smirk of pride, In my senior year of high school, the last step towards success, but success halted when I was informed of my parents' death in a car accident. Happiness and success seemed meaningless thereafter. I turned to God, but only the devil responded، Into the abyss of drugs I descended, prescribed by the sole doctor I visited, my erstwhile friend, the only one who answered when I called. Indeed, it worked for a fleeting moment. My school grades plummeted, my health crumbled, and weariness and poverty grew.
I start school from 8am to 5pm and then i attend a part time job in a supermarket where i get paied poorly, but who am i to complain right? It's either that or starving to death, i get home at 10pm , tired looking like a cadavre ،My dark companion still gazes from the corner, smiling contentedly at my slow demise, pointing to drugs as the sole path to forget my sorrow
The devil is dancing in his corner , me laughing like a lunatic until i dozed off, lost track of time. Woke up to my alarm, signaling another day at a high school packed with corruption, fake friends, and unappreciative teachers. Sat in my usual spot, lost in my thoughts, until I was summoned by a teacher, and it turned out to be Ms. Melissa, Ms. Melissa Harper the most beloved teacher in the school, by both students and fellow teachers alike. A single woman in her thirties, incredibly kind and beautiful, with a smile that graced her face most of the time, She summoned me to an empty room, where no one else was present but the two of us. "Do you have any explanation for what I found with you?' she asked. 'What are you talking about?' I said, perplexed by her words
She sighed and then She reached into her pocket and pulled out something that instilled fear and anxiety within me. She produced something that could end my academic life or, worse, lead me to prison "this is what im talking about Jason"she said with an angry tone ،It was the fentanyl I had been taking, five pills of it. I had no idea how they ended up in her pocket. I noticed the devil dancing in the corner, looking pleased! Why was he happy? Wasn't he supposed to be my friend? Why was he delighted by this disaster?! "'I'm still waiting for an answer, Jason" Ms. Melissa said, still angry. I couldn't find anything to say, as if I had accepted my miserable fate. I could only imagine my life in prison. Ms. Melissa is very kind, but not kind enough to understand my situation and not report me to the principal، I was saved by the bell for the next class. Ms. Melissa said, "Go back to your class now, but at the end of all your periods, I want you to meet me here again, okay?" she said, a look of sadness on her face، So, I returned to my class to finish my periods. Anxiety gnawed at me, a feeling I hadn't experienced in a long time. For the first time, I dreaded the end of the school day. How would I face Ms. Melissa? The principal? But there was no escaping it. As the clock struck 5 PM, I knew it was time,She told me to meet her in room 14, the same place she had called me to before. I opened the door and found her gazing out the window. She turned and smiled at me. I thought to myself, is this the end? Or is there still hope?
To be continued....