// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 //

hiraeth - part eighty-three

»»——⍟——««

       Despite how long she had been doing all sorts of these super powered techniques, instantaneous transportation still made Y/n feel slightly disoriented. As soon as she felt the ground beneath her feet once again, she stumbled against the only support she could find, that being Goku's body. She could feel the vibration of Goku's chest as he chuckled, holding her shoulders to keep her on her feet.

As everyone finally released each others' hands, Beerus whipped his hands away from Shin and Whis, huffing in annoyance as he brushed his palms against his pants. "That was entirely unnecessary, Whis, the Grand Priest could've brought us here without the hand-holding."

"I know, I simply wanted to boost the team morale," Whis said with a chuckle.

Glancing around, the arena itself was simply a platform floating in an ominous vast space. Y/n had to guess this was the Null Space she had been told about, but she didn't expect it to look so eerie. There were no stars in the sky, only dark clouds drifting along just above the arena. Bleachers surrounded the arena, no doubt for an audience of higher beings, with the actual arena itself being completely flat, aside from a single towering pillar in the middle.

"This place is creepy..." Y/n muttered, looking around. It seemed the others had been unsettled by the strange surroundings, as 18 approached the edge of the arena, looking down into a dark abyss.

"There's nothing down there," 18 spoke, eyes widened slightly in surprise. Whis let out a small chuckle as he watched everyone begin to gather by the edge, looking down into the black abyss.

"Of course. Falling down is the only way to be eliminated. Which also means that your flight has been disabled, so do be careful," Whis said. Goku scoffed in disbelief, eyes wide.

"What!? We can't fly? Let me try!" Goku exclaimed, jumping into the air, startling Y/n, who had been standing next to him. Her eyes widened as Goku suddenly cried out, plummeting down right above her.

Stepping out of his way, Goku slammed into the ground, laid out flat on his back as he winced, hissing in pain. He peeked his eye open as he felt the light from above being blocked, his eyes meeting Y/n's as she stood over him.

"Why didn't you catch me!? That hurt!" Goku cried out, cringing in pain once more as he sat up. Y/n rolled her eyes with a smile, holding a hand out to him, which he took with a small pout.

As Goku stood up, their attention was directed to 17 as he scoffed, pointing in the direction of another universe's team. Specifically, one member with wings, flying above his own team. "He can fly. Isn't that a little unfair?"

"That's flying manually, which is permitted. It's not as though we can simply rip his wings off so he'll be qualified," Whis joked with a chuckle, his words irritating the Android.

Y/n's eyes followed the direction 17 had pointed in, trying to spot the contestant with wings, when something else caught her eye. She let out a loud gasp, startling the others as she ripped her hand from Goku, nearly yanking him down to the ground as she took off running.

"Zamasu!" Y/n called out, catching the attention of a certain Kai who had been standing about with the other members of universe ten. At the sound of his name, he whipped around to the source, his eyes widening as he spotted Y/n.