9

" when will you be home ?

Sam's POV -

" I have been raised in a middle class family and eventually, as the only daughter of my parents, I have been burdened with tons of responsibilities and duties. My parents are quite supportive and understanding but iykyk , how understanding Asian parents can be . Like they think that they do understand their children well enough but they are never aware of the fact that their children are suffering or dealing with much more problems and issues than they think....

My parents have been supportive regarding my studies and other things but the situations that are to be dealt by my family wants me to become a wealthy earning person and kill my dreams by burying them with responsibilities, duties, parents'happiness over mine, health issues, and many more...

Everything, little by little, tried to push me away from what I actually wanted, everything I wished for was to be made impossible to achieve by my situations...

And when I was about to graduate , things started to get worse day by day and I was left with no emotional support. That's when I met Aira and Terra....

Terra was my classmate but we weren't that close. Aira joined for the final year of graduation and somehow consequently we became a essential part of life to each other....

I think that this was a sign , when I had no one for myself, god blessed me with this two weirdos and I absolutely love how transparent and carefree we can be with each other.....

Also we had some toxic and depressing relationships at times and during that time is when we lost our v-card somehow , but that was the first and last time for us , and I was utterly frustrated that day when I , first time , had sex with a total stranger , I would never had dared to do so in my sane mindset but situations damage your mental health for worse , yet I don't regret anything till the date because what I did is to agree and accept with it not to live in denial...

I don't read my book backwards...."

Sitting by the window, looking up to the Starry night, I was drowned in my thoughts and was thankful for what I have today with me....

" Yo ! " , Terra raised her one hand while closing the door behind her with the other, " so , how was the interview? " , she made a serious face and took a seat on the couch, taking a sip of water she was now making me anxious, " say something atleast, what's with your body language? " , she was sitting still , up straight, and I shifted to the couch as well, placing my hand on her shoulder I asked her again , " did something happened? Interview went that bad ? Was it so terrible? You got selected? Atleast say something you poker face! " , she thinned her lips , " uhm.... It was actually... It went.... Umm.... How should I tell you ? Actually it went...." , she immediately jumped on and grabbed my shoulder, dragging me into the tightest hug to exist she screamed with excitement," damn good! And I'm an assistant professor now ! " , we were overwhelmed in happiness and she took out her offer letter to show me and placed it in my hand, I read the letter and we danced and celebrated the whole night cheerfully with music, wine and crazy stuffs....

Terra always dreamed of becoming a professor at a reputed University and till the date she attended many exams and interviews and worked on herself even better every time she rejected or got rejected by the job. Looks like all her hardships were paid off today . I wish her endless prosperity with all my heart.....