Chapter 1: Back to School⭐

(btw you may click the video given to hear music while reading)

Ugh... Morning again. Maybe I'll start finishing my homework in the afternoon. I yawned and looked at the clock near me. 7:15 a.m. Hm.. It's still dawn but why do I hear rushing noises outside my room?

Then, Mom slammed my door room open and shouted angrily at me. 

"HANAE!! SCHOOL IS STARTING IN 15 MINUTES, WHY ARE YOU NOT GETTING READY? YOU HAVEN'T EVEN EATEN BREAKFAST YET! 

I cursed under my breath, not loud enough for my mom to hear as I realized today was school day. I replied with a slightly irritated tone. 

"Fine, fine... No need to shout right after I woke up..

Mom rolled her eyes. "Just be quick. I don't want you to skip breakfast again.

She then walked away, leaving my door room open. I stared at the wall for 1 minute to process what had happened and quickly got off my bed. After making the bed, I quickly showered and changed into my school uniform. 

Then, I hurriedly shove my books and unfinished homework into my bag before running to the dining room and stuffing my mouth with Mom's delicious scrambled egg on toast. I let my food go into my system first since mom always said that shouldn't chew or swallow food while running as it would put me at risk of choking. 

I went outside, hopped on my bicycle and held on to my bag as I speedily rode to school. 3 minutes left. I think I have time before the school gates close. Thank goodness I live near the school or else the discipline teacher is going to deal with me. God, I hate the thought of that. I heard about an incident where he punished a student by cleaning the boys' bathroom just because of talking while the teacher was teaching, which is understandable but you don't have to go that far... 

2 minutes left. I'm close to the school gates! I think I'm gonna make it! 

.

.

.

.

Nope, I didn't.

 Along the way, I saw a crying lost boy and I helped him to find his mother which took me like 30 minutes. At least he's back with his mother. But what's it for me? What will the discipline teacher think about this? Will that bald old man punish me like that incident or will he just let me go? I parked my bicycle at the side of the closed school gates and nervously tip-toed over to see if the school guard was there to open the school gates for me.

Then, I heard a sinister chuckle behind me. It's the discipline teacher. 

.

.

I felt relieved as the school bell chimed which indicated it was recess time. I got out of the detention room and walked into the school hallway after I spent hours hearing my discipline teacher's angry lecture. I kept explaining to him the reason for my lateness but he didn't seem to believe me. However, I don't really take that personally since he has that stubborn personality which most old people have.