Chapter 3: Katashi✮🫧

(ignore the alcohol cans)

IS THIS WHAT HE MEANT BY 'SOME' SNACKS?! Wow

IS THIS WHAT HE MEANT BY 'SOME' SNACKS?! Wow... Rin was right. Atsuo is rich! 

I sat with his friends. Of course, which are Katashi and Yukio. I recognized that cold side eye from Katashi. He was probably annoyed that I suddenly appeared in his friend group without notice and Yukio kept glancing slightly at me while eating his bento meal. The 3 friends chatted for a while and I continued eating my bento meal without interrupting their conversation. My classmates kept giving me weird stares as this was the first time those trio brought a girl into their friend group. Nao and Katsumi also curiously watched from afar while eating their lunch. 

Katashi got up from his seat and abruptly walked out of the class. He probably has his council student meeting or something. I'm quite disappointed that he's gone. I wanted to get to know him more but oh well.  Yukio shifts his seat a bit closer to mine. 

"Soooo... Wanna hang out with the three of us again?" He invited with a charming smile which is a completely contrasting appearance. He's pretty handsome up close, not gonna lie.

"Yeah, we want to hang out with you more since you look pretty chill," Atsuo added with a grin on his face. 

God... That was the biggest compliment I ever got from a guy. "Sure. But does Katashi mind? He looked pretty pissed off. " Yukio and Atsuo exchanged glances and looked back at me. "Just ignore and stay away from him. He's often grumpy around girls," Atsuo replied. 

"Why? " I asked.

"A curious one, aren't you? "  Yukio chuckled lightly. "Well... let's say... he had a bad experience with women before.." He said cautiously and seemed slightly hesitant to elaborate.

"What do you mean by that? " I pestered. Right when Yukio is about to answer, Atsuo cuts him off. "I'm sorry. Maybe after school, Hanae. We'll meet again at the back of the school gym, alright? " He said calmly with a kind smile. I realized that I was being annoying and stopped bothering them. "No, no... I should be sorry for being annoying. It's alright.

"Ahaha... Don't worry, you're just curious," Atsuo reassured. 

Damn. Asking about Katashi's past was a bad idea. The atmosphere felt so tense that you could cut this thick tension with a knife. I finished my bento meal and ate the snacks that Atsuo bought while pretending as if nothing happened. Then, Atsuo noticed something. 

"Wow, you have a big appetite! " He chuckled slightly with a smile as he watched me eat which lightened up the mood a bit. Yukio started to notice too. "Eating those many snacks after a heavy meal? That's quite surprising for a tiny person like you~" He teased. Excuse me? TINY? THIS LITTLE SH*T HAS SOME NERVES TO CALL ME 'T I N Y'. 

"Ahaha.. I guess so." I gave an awkward smile. I hope your earphones work at a certain angle. 

After 20 minutes of recess, the bell chimed and everyone returned to their desks, including me. Katashi's past was still lingering in my mind as I wondered what happened to him that made him avoid socialising with girls.  Maybe he's like me. I'm used to talking with girls but I get a bit nervous and uncomfortable around boys. But that's not probably it... he might have other reasons... Ugh, whatever. Yukio and Atsuo are going to explain the whole story to me later anyway.