Chapter 12

X looked in the small wooden box that he had received when he was little. The box that Blue the whale's reminder was talking about.

X found a lot of stuff inside the box - pictures and mementos from his biological family.

He hadn't seen his family since he was abducted as a baby, but even then, he knew that family.

He saw them in his dreams.

Even being kidnapped by Radical-16 couldn't take his memories of them.

X knew what he had to do now - find his biological family and reunite with them.

***

X and Rad looked around - they looked at the Equation Playground, then looked all around town, including the Algebralex neighborhood. Then they found a photo of X's biological family - it seemed that his biological parents had another kid. X checked the date of the photo, and sure enough, it was from a few years ago. He was at least a step closer to finding them.

***

X and Rad meet Mayor Congruent, who recognizes X the minute he says his name.
It turns out that X is Mayor Congruent's grandchild! X is shocked by the news. So is Congruent at the sight of his second grandchild.

"X? Is it really you?"

"Yeah. I'm X!"

"I'm so glad to see you again, X!"

"It's great to see you too!"

"So, this is your grandfather?" said Rad.

"Yep!" X replied.

"And who's this curious Algebralien?" said Mayor Congruent.

"This is my joyfriend, X-radical-3! I just call him Rad for short!"

"Well, greetings and salutations, X-radical-3!" Congruent replied. "Do you wanna come with us to meet X's family?"

"Of course," said Rad. "That would be a pleasure!"

"Alrighty then!" said Congruent. "Then come with me!"

***

(Quick A/N: A few paragraphs came from the descriptions of existing artwork on DA and Tumblr!)

Word total: 309