Chapter 2

"So what are you cheesin' so hard about, Liv?" Charles asked, glancing over at his wife.

"Huh? What?" Alivia shook her head and looked Charles' way. She was obviously taken off guard.

"I don't believe I stuttered" He replied.

"Let's not start this in front of Milyn, okay?" She said putting her hand up.

Becoming irritated, Charles immediately reached over and snatched the phone out of Alivia's hand and started scanning through it. "Real fucking mature of you! Give it back!" She yelled, trying to fight to get her phone back.

"James?!" He yelled out in disbelief.

Alivia cried, "It's not what you think!"

"What the hell do you mean it's not what I think?" He frowned, glancing back and forth from her and the phone.

"Give me the damn phone, James!" She yelled, before she realized she called her husband the wrong name.

At that moment, Charles lost it. He threw the device at Alivia causing her to flinch and yelled into her face. Poor Milyn sat in the back, still so very silent, frightened at the way her parents were acting.

The couple fought so violently and out of control that they didn't see the giant, 18-wheeler truck coming their way.

BOOM!

Miami jumped out of her sleep and sat straight up. She looked around at her surroundings noticing that she was still in the hospital and it was the crack of dawn. She reached on the side of her bed and pushed the call button.

Nurse Pam came on the speaker, "Yes, Miss Montez?"

"Can I get some help with unhooking me from this machine? I have to use the bathroom" Miami answered.

Within a matter of minutes, the nurse walked in and greeted her with a smile. She unattached the needles and stick patches from Miami and helped her out of bed. Miami made her way to the bathroom and used it. Afterwards, she washed her hands and splashed some water in her face. She stared at herself in the mirror while hovering over the sink. "I hate when I dream about that shit" She mumbled to herself.

She left the bathroom and got back into the bed. Nurse Pam was still in the room. "I'm not gonna hook this stuff back up to ya since you'll be discharging in a couple of hours. You don't really need it anyway." She assured Miami. She nodded and the nurse walked out.

Hours passed and after signing the discharge papers, Miami was dressed and ready to head out. She looked over and saw the number that Gabe left for her on the night stand. She picked it up and examined it. She debated on rather or not to call him for a ride. Shaking her head, Miami stuffed the number in her bra.

The doors to the elevator opened, and Miami exited the hospital. When she finally flagged down a cab, she gave the driver directions to her house. She had a lot of making up to do, she missed out on a couple bills. She thought about how she had to be more careful and might not return Downtown to look for customers anymore. She forgot how wild people can get down there late at night.

She paid the driver and walked into her house. It was 9:26 in the morning, and even though she was in the hospital bed for more than 24 hours, she was so tired. Miami took a hot shower and just walked around in her undies.

Walking into the living room, she plopped down on her sofa and turned the TV on. She flipped through the channels until she heard her hotline phone ringing. Without even looking at who the caller was, she snatched it up and pressed 'Answer.'