Chapter 7

As Reubel smugly exits the private room, his mind races with thoughts of Zephyrielle.

And without a second thought, he strides purposefully towards the ballroom, eager to find her and spend time together.

With each step, he plans ways to impress her, to make her proud of him and boost his ego.

He's determined to tell her about his participation in the upcoming war, anticipating her reaction with a mix of excitement and apprehension.

But as he enters the grand ballroom, his thoughts come to an abrupt halt. There, in the center of the room, is Zephyrielle, dancing with another man.

Reubel's heart clenches with jealousy as he watches them, his vision darkening with possessiveness.

The sound of music fades into the background as Reubel approaches them, his steps slow and deliberate.

His aura radiates with an unmistakable intensity, causing those around him to instinctively step back.

"May I cut in?" Reubel's voice cuts through the air like a knife, his tone icy with suppressed rage.

The man dancing with Zephyrielle hesitates, clearly taken aback by Reubel's sudden appearance and the intensity of his demeanor.

Sensing the tension, Zephyrielle turns towards Reubel, her expression a mixture of surprise and concern.

"Reubel, what's wrong?" she asks, her voice soft with worry.

Ignoring her question, Reubel extends his hand towards her, his eyes flashing with possessiveness. "May I have this dance?" he repeats, his tone demanding.

Zephyrielle hesitates, glancing between Reubel and her dance partner, unsure of what to do.

But before she can respond, Reubel's grip tightens on her hand, pulling her towards him with a forceful determination.

As they begin to dance, the air crackles with tension, the space between them filled with unspoken words and unresolved emotions.

Reubel holds Zephyrielle close, his eyes never leaving hers, a silent warning of his possessive claim over her.

But beneath the facade of confidence, Reubel's heart races with uncertainty. He knows that his jealousy is irrational, that Zephyrielle is free to dance with whomever she pleases.

Yet, the thought of her being with someone else fills him with a primal need to protect what he considers his.

Their dance becomes a silent battle of wills, each movement charged with unspoken desires and hidden agendas.

Reubel's grip on Zephyrielle tightens, his body tense with the effort to maintain control over his emotions.

And as they move across the dance floor, the shadows of jealousy loom large, casting a pall over their once-idyllic romance.

In that fleeting moment, Reubel can't help but wonder if their love is strong enough to withstand the storms that threaten to tear them apart.

Little did he know, Zephyrielle harbored no love for him.