Chapter 17

As the days pass without Reubel's presence, Zephyrielle finds herself experiencing a newfound sense of relief.

No longer burdened by his domineering presence, she revels in the freedom to breathe without the weight of his expectations bearing down on her.

Despite his absence, Reubel remains persistent in his attempts to maintain communication, sending letters sporadically to Zephyrielle's doorstep.

However, each missive goes unopened, the mere sight of his handwriting invoking a wave of revulsion within her.

One day, amidst the routine delivery of mail, Zephyrielle's trusted maid presents her with yet another letter, bearing the seal of Reubel's family. "Another letter for you, my lady. It bears the seal of Lord Helios's family."

Initially dismissing it as another correspondence from him, Zephyrielle instructs the maid to place it among the untouched letters. "Just add it to the stack, please."

"Actually, my lady, it's not from Lord Helios. It's an invitation from his esteemed family." To her surprise, the maid reveals that the letter is not from Reubel himself, but rather an invitation from his prestigious family.

They are hosting an extravagant tea party, reserved exclusively for ladies of high status, at a renowned venue in the heart of the city.

Zephyrielle's initial instinct is to decline the invitation, citing prior engagements or obligations.

However, the maid gently reminds her of the significance of this event. Reubel's family holds considerable influence and stature, their royal lineage demanding a certain level of decorum and respect.

Reluctantly, Zephyrielle realizes that she cannot afford to ignore this summons. Despite her aversion to the idea of being in Reubel's orbit once more, she understands the importance of maintaining appearances, especially in the eyes of his esteemed family.

"Very well, then. I suppose I have no choice but to attend." Zephyrielle said to her maid.

"It will be a splendid affair, my lady. I'm sure you'll make a striking impression." Her trusted maid tried to lifted up her mood by complementing her.

With a heavy heart and a sense of resignation, Zephyrielle begins to prepare for the tea party, steeling herself for the inevitable confrontation that awaits her amidst the opulent splendor of the royal affair.

...

Zephyrielle stands before the mirror in her boudoir, a vision of ethereal beauty.

She wears a gown of delicate silk, the fabric cascading like liquid silver around her slender frame. The bodice is adorned with intricate lacework, accentuating her curves with subtle elegance.

Zephyrielle's golden locks are swept up into an elaborate coiffure, tendrils of hair framing her porcelain features with effortless grace. Diamonds adorns her neck, gleaming softly against the backdrop of her soft skin.

In her ears, she wears earrings of sparkling diamonds, each facet catching the light and casting a radiant glow upon her visage. The jewels shimmer like stars in the night sky, mirroring the luminosity of her amber eyes.

As she applies a dab of perfume to her pulse points, a soft, floral fragrance fills the air, enveloping her in a cloud of allure. The scent is subtle yet intoxicating, a reflection of her innate allure and undeniable charm.

With one final glance in the mirror, Zephyrielle nods in approval at her reflection.

She may be attending this tea party under duress, but she refuses to let her discomfort show. With every step she takes, she exudes an air of confidence and poise, her beauty and elegance turning heads wherever she goes.

...

As Zephyrielle descends the grand staircase, her every movement exuding grace and poise, Claudia suddenly appears at the foot of the stairs, a calculating glint in her eyes.

She sizes up Zephyrielle with a mixture of envy and resentment, unable to deny the breathtaking beauty that radiates from her stepsister.

"Well, well, look who's all dolled up. Off to catch the eye of yet another suitor, are we?"

Zephyrielle meets Claudia's gaze with an impassive expression, her composure unwavering in the face of her stepsister's barbed remarks.

"Actually, Claudia, I'll be attending the Helios royal tea party this afternoon." Zephyrielle said coolly.

Claudia's eyes widen in surprise, momentarily thrown off balance by Zephyrielle's unexpected revelation.

Recovering quickly, Claudia added her remarks. "Oh, how quaint. I'm sure you'll fit right in with all those noble snobs, flaunting your charms like a peacock in heat."

Zephyrielle's lips curve into a subtle smile, her amusement evident in the arch of her brow.

"Thank you for your well wishes, Claudia. I'm sure it will be a delightful affair."

With that, Zephyrielle gracefully sweeps past Claudia, leaving her stepsister fuming in her wake.

Despite Claudia's attempts to undermine her, Zephyrielle refuses to be drawn into confrontation, her dignity and self-assurance unshakable as she prepares to face the challenges that lie ahead at the Helios royal tea party.