chapter 5

Next Day  ;

I woke to the sound of the alarm

I woke to the sound of the alarm. I sat on the bed looking to my left side; my husband is sleeping peacefully. I woke up, the time shows 6 am. I went to the bathroom, showered, wore a simple red saree, and got ready. I felt a strong gaze on me, looked back, but he is still sleeping. Maybe I'm thinking too much. I went downstairs; the elders are sitting. I touched their feet. My mother-in-law told me to make something sweet, Pehli Rasoi as a ritual. I said, 'Okay, Mom.' She told me not to call her aunty. I went to the kitchen; the maid was already there. I told them to help me, but I don't like anyone doing my work. I reassured them not to worry; I would manage. Then I made kheer and prepared everything for breakfast. I went outside; everyone was already sitting at the table. Ashish  and ashika wished me good morning. I also wished them. They're so sweet. They looked at my hand and asked what I made. I told them kheer. They were all excited. Everyone stopped talking.

He came and sat at the breakfast table. Everyone started eating, but  ashika started speaking. 'Bhabi, the kheer is yummy. Bhai loves kheer, you know,' I looked at him, and he did the same. I broke contact, but my thoughts went to him. He also loves kheer and how he always fights with me.  Everyone went to their works, but not before giving me gifts as 'pehli rasoi.' I told her, 'It's not needed,' but she said, 'It's from generations.' Then I spoke to dadi and mil, 'Can I go to the temple?' I want to go.' Dadi smiled, cared for my hair, and said, 'Why not? And not only you, Ahan too.' I said, 'No, I can go by myself.' But with her one glare, I sighed and went with my husband. He also looked frustrated. It's my fault? No, not at all. I didn't say anything. We both sat in the car and drove. After reaching the temple, I thanked him and asked him, 'You don't come?' He said, 'No. What the hell? Can't come to the temple.'

I said okay, no need to look like a mad person. I got off from the car and started heading towards the temple, but to my surprise, my dear husband was also coming. Seriously, we both went, and after my puja, as I was coming back, I saw someone I never expected. She was also looking at me, shocked. I don't know what to do. My husband said, 'Let's go.' I told him to go, and I will come as I have some work. He asked, 'What work?' Being frustrated, I said, 'If you're busy, then you can go, and I will come. Otherwise, go and sit in the car; I will come.' I saw my friend, so I'm going. He said, 'Okay, but come quick.'

After he left,  I don't know what to say, I'm still standing she started crying and coming to me hugged me tightly. I also cried a little. She started asking, 'Where were you, bhabi? You know how much maa and papa worried. How are you after parting from each other?' I looked at her and said sadly, 'Can't you see the difference?' Realization hit her, she asked me, 'What is this?' I told her everything. She is still crying. I wiped her tear. She said, 'Let's go, meet maa. She will be happy.' I told her I can't; what will I say to her? I'm married now. What will she think about me?' But I heard a voice from behind, 'You're always my daughter no matter what. And who will understand you better than me?' I looked back  there she stood, tears in  her eyes. I hugged her tightly, cried and said, 'Sorry, sorry, ma. I don't deserve your love. But I'm forced into this.' She wiped my tear and said, 'Bacha, I'm happy. You know how much we missed you. You never tried to call us. And you know I'm happy you're married. you should move on. You have a bright future. I shouted at her, "never, Maa, never. I can't give that position to anyone, he will always be in my heart. I'm only for him." She chuckled a little and said, "Beta, he is always with you. Will he be happy seeing you like this? And who told you that giving your husband a place in your heart means he will be out? He will always be with you. Please give this marriage a chance." She asked me to come and meet my papa. He will be happy. I hugged her, not wanting to talk about this topic, and told her, "I will come, but not now."

I said goodbye and hugged Maa and my little sis, then sat in the car. He looked at me and started driving towards the mansion. I just stared out the window, thinking about how my life changed. Everything changed after reaching home. He left and so I sighed, going towards my room. But my mother-in-law called me there; not only she, but also my grandma and aunt were present. I asked them, 'Is something wrong?' Dadi said, 'Nothing, beta. Come and sit here.'
Chachi told me, "Beta, this marriage isn't what you want, we know, but please give this marriage a chance." Maa then said, "Beta, he is cold, rude, closed off, but he loves us and is also a good man. He agreed to this marriage because of us. Please give this marriage a chance," and caressed my hair. Dadi also said, "Beta, he needs you to make him understand and teach him what love is." I assured them and told them I was going to my room. After that, I sat on the bed and chuckled. Love - a person who never received love from her family will teach him love. Someone whom no one understands will teach him. The one person who loved her, taught her everything, left her all alone. And now, my only family who understands me I had to leave them to save them. A lone tear escaped. To distract myself, I started working on my laptop.

At night, I went downstairs as I was not interested in eating lunch. Everyone was already there. Dadu asked me how my day was. I told them it was good. Then my brother-in-law and sister-in-law also came. I started talking to them. Then everyone sat at the dining table. My husband was also present, but I didn't look at him as I wasn't interested. After dinner, everyone left for their rooms, wishing good night. Then my husband asked how my day was. I was surprised. I seriously looked at him. He said again, but rudely, that if I was done staring, I needed to say something. I realized what I was doing. I said, 'Yeah, good.' He nodded, and after changing, he came and slept. I also dozed off.

How is the chapter?

Next chapter is ahan pov ..

Who is she calling her bhabi ?
Whom she is calling maa ?

Votes comments and share
✍🏻✍🏻
~
iya.xwriter__