Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 2)

~Jab Se Juda Tujhse Jiya
Chain Aur Qaraar Dil Ko Mila~

[Sukoon Mila]

12:49 am
FAHAD
We returned to our beach house a while ago. Inaya is asleep on the bed as I sit at the table in my dimly lit room, my eyes fixated at my laptop. I had to review some files sent by my secretary.

"Aren't you tired?"
I feel the gentle touch of Laiba's fingers running through my hair.

"Bas thoda kaam bacha hai... tum so jao"
It has been a loong day and I wouldn't want her to stay awake because of me.

Laiba walks over and sits on my lap wrapping her arms around my neck, clearly distracting me from my work.

"I want your time, husband"

I close my laptop and push it away.

My woman needs me. Everything else can wait.

I draw her closer, guiding her gentle weight on my lap.

Her lips press on mine in a tender kiss. She looks at me lovingly, her hands, softly cradle my face.

The weariness in my bones seemed to melt away under her touch. I bury my head against her chest, feeling her warmth and the steady beat of her heart.

We are wrapped in each other's embrace feeling an overwhelming sense of comfort. She runs her fingers in my hair and I finally let loose.

This woman is everything.

I feel like a carefree child.
This is the only time we get to spend with each other.
Everyday either I am busy with my work or she is busy with Inaya.
But I never forget to kiss her or say I love you.
Before going to office. After returning. These are the small moments we steal for ourselves.

"Innie ko ammi ke paas sulana chahiye tha"
I whisper.

She glances back at our daughter sleeping peacfully on our bed.

She slowly gets up from my lap and walks over to the bed. I instantly miss her touch.

"Tumhe pata hai na woh subah chid chidi ho jati hai agar mein na hou toh"

She lies on the bed next to our daughter with her hand on her head.

I walk over and join her lying down next to Inaya with my hand on my head.
Laiba and I exchange a loving glance as we silently admire our daughter.

LAIBA
"I can't believe she's two"

Fahad lets out a soft smile. His hands gently caresses Inaya's hair. I look at them and my mind wanders to the initial days of parenting.

Those nights when Fahad tirelessly stayed up taking care of our daughter so I could get some rest.

He even shaved his beard last year because Inaya cried when he kissed her.

Fahad has definitely spoilt our daughter by constantly buying her everything she desires. She wants one toy, he buys her ten. He doesn't even lets me say no to her.

When I was pregnant with her, we didn't know the gender. But he bought a whole lot of girl clothes because he had a strong feeling it was going to be a girl.

He is for sure the best husband. But he excelled even more as a father.

The day of my delivery was very critical.
I don't recall much because I was unconscious the whole time. But the nurse told me how my husband had been running around the hospital stressing that nothing should happen to me and that my well-being was his priority.