Chapter 3: First Impressions

AN: Hi Readers,

Greetings!

I would like to ask you if you want me to put some images or just have it as it is?

I have another story but I wanted to finish this first and I want to finish my Seulrene story as well.

By the way my story Wildest Dreams is already finished. Check it while waiting for my next update.

Happy Pride Month 😊

~iamtemperancemoon

------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Office break room, a few days later.

The office break room is a hive of activity, a welcome respite from the chaos of the workday. 

The air is thick with the scent of freshly brewed coffee, mingling with the subtle aroma of pastries. 

The sound of laughter and chatter fills the space, creating a comforting cacophony that wraps around the weary employees like a warm blanket. 

Colleagues huddle around the communal table, swapping stories and sharing snacks as they take a well-deserved break from their tasks. It's a momentary escape, a slice of normalcy amidst the relentless grind of deadlines and responsibilities.

Nana stands by the coffee machine, a steaming mug in hand as she waits for her caffeine fix. Her expression is neutral, a practiced mask that hides the turmoil within. 

There's a hint of tension in her shoulders, a lingering reminder of the recent earthquake that shook her to her core. 

She takes a slow sip of her coffee, the warmth spreading through her veins and easing some of the residual anxiety. 

She closes her eyes briefly, allowing herself to be enveloped by the comforting ritual. The steady hum of the coffee machine and the murmur of conversations around her provide a soothing backdrop to her scattered thoughts.

Nana's POV:

I entered the break room, feeling the weight of the day pressing down on my shoulders. 

The familiar scent of coffee offered a small comfort, a routine that grounded me in the midst of the chaos that had defined my week.

The earthquake had been a jarring experience, shaking not just the ground but my sense of stability. 

I sighed, taking in the lively atmosphere around me.

People were laughing, sharing snacks, momentarily free from their work burdens. It was a slice of normalcy I craved but felt disconnected from.

I made my way to the coffee machine, my movements automatic. As the mug filled with steaming coffee, I let my mind wander, trying to push away the residual anxiety that clung to me like a shadow. 

I wrapped my hands around the mug, the warmth seeping into my skin, offering a brief respite from my turbulent thoughts.

A sudden, cheerful voice broke through my reverie. I turned to see Gehlee approaching, her smile as bright as ever. I felt a mix of emotions: the younger woman's energy was almost too much for me to handle, yet there was a sincerity in Gehlee's eyes that was hard to ignore.

As she stands lost in thought, she's approached by Gehlee. The younger woman's bright smile is a stark contrast to Nana's subdued demeanor, but there's a genuine warmth in her eyes that softens the edges of her enthusiasm. Gehlee has always been a beacon of positivity in the office, her presence a reminder that not all light has been extinguished by the demands of their work.