chapter three ❄️

Present

MAYA

Fixing my top in the mirror, I hear a knock on my hotel room door. I open it, and there stands rika. Me and rika had more or less of a rocky start to our relationship, but now she's one of my favorite people that I trust with my life.

"Has anybody told you you should wear leather all the time?" She looked me up and down

"OH please, you flatter me, can I tell you something before we go but don't tell the guys"

"Tell me what's wrong?"
"I saw damon today he was by the pit"

"How the hell do you not want me to tell them he could hurt you, are you crazy?"

"Just please don't, you know I can take care of myself and I don't wanna ruin this because of him it's a big day for me"
I said, applying my lipstick

"Let's go. we have a party to go to rika chill out" I grabbed her hand rushing out the door

{Time skip}

I should be enjoying my time. I know that, but I'm so on edge I don't know what to do with myself. I promised myself that I'll have a good time, it's not every day you win a grand prix for fuck's sake. But I knew he was here waiting for the right moment to do some fucked up shit.

"Fuck this shit" I murmered under my breath downing my third vodka shot of the night.

I put my hand in my pocket and feel my pack of cigarettes. I tried to quit because the smell reminds me of him, but I couldn't help it when I'm stressed.

I sneak out the club without the guys seeing me. Lighting up my cigarette feeling the burn in my throat, I finally relax for the first time tonight.

I kept thinking about Damon's little pop up back at the race. I wasn't surprised I mean it's devil's night tonight and if damon is gonna strike any day it's today.

We haven't celebrated devil's night for almost 4 years now. We may have had a little intimate party with the guys after they got out of jail. But never anything more. It's not like us I'll admit but it wasn't the same anymore.

With damon being MIA and threatening all of us, it felt like we fell apart. When I came up with this stupid idea when we were 15 I never thought it would go this far or that it will ever fall apart.

The shit that happened made us fall apart but j don't regret because I made this town to what it is today. I gave all the guys their chance to know who the hell they are and to embrace it.

I couldn't stop thinking about how everything was so fucking perfect 5 years ago until trevor crist and damon torrance ruined everything we had.