Completing the Mission

(Picture = Fire bomb enemy [Jackal from Fairy Tail])

Atsuko's POV

I woke up, feeling like I was being moved. I soon realized I was being carried and instantly open my eyes to see Kakashi with me in his arms while running.

"Kaka.... shi?" I asked, He looked down at me before smiling through his mask.

"Good evening, Taichou. Did you sleep well?" Kakashi asked. I noticed I had been sleeping all this time. I was about to get up when Kakashi stopped me.

"Forgive me for my rudeness, Taichou, but I noticed you haven't been sleeping well so I recommend you sleep a while more," Kakashi said

"Kakashi, not only will that be unprofessional, it's also dangerous for me to sleep during a mission, even so in your arms leading you with limited movemen- "

"Taichou... please?" Kakashi cut me off, pleading slightly. I wanted to object but something about what Kakashi had said made me hesitant to.

What Kakashi said had been right. Being the ANBU captain, it took a lot of my free hours, making me unable to sleep, eventually leading to insomnia. Perhaps this was the first time I've actually slept in years.

Eventually, I nodded to Kakashi and closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~

The loud sound of an explosion instantly woke me up from my sleep.

"Where do you thing your going? I'm not done with you yet!" a harsh voice exclaimed. I looked around confused.

"Kakashi??" I asked as I tried to process what was happening. I was still in Kakashi's arms as he jumped from branch to branch. Behind us, two men were following us.

"Taichou! I'm sorry to have woken you up but it looks like we've got company," Kakashi explained as he stopped at one off the branchs and placing me down gently.

"What happened?" I asked, preparing my weapons.

"We were about to reach the Village when some bandits appeared. Possibly C Rank, not from a village. As you said movement restriction made it hard for me to attack. Forgive me, Taichou," Kakashi apologized, I shook my head at him.

"What kind of ninja is he?" I asked as we dogged another attack.

"Blond hair uses bombs to explode anything he touches. Ranges aren't wide but significant. The other uses sounds to track our movement, hasn't attacked so far," Kakashi explained.

Just as I was about to say something, a kunai was thrown from Kakashi's blind spot. I deflected the kunai, only to have another one stabbed on my arm, the result of lack of guard.

"Taichou!!!" Kakashi shouted as I pulled out the kunai.

"Keep your guard up Kakashi!! They are not to be underestimated," I yelled at Kakashi. He was going to protest but I cut him off.

"I'm fine, we need to complete this mission," I said sternly at him. Kakashi was still worried but remembering I was the captain, he had no choice but to follow my command.

"Get ready Kakashi...," I said as I got ready to fight.