Chapter 21: The Pottery Date.

Jake's Point of View: [Last Night]

After their short conversation in the dining area about the volunteer work, Jake headed to his room, feeling a mix of anticipation and nerves. Lying on his bed, he couldn't help but think about Hera. He had noticed her so many times at the park, always petting Layla, and she seemed so kind and genuine. But there was more to it. He was convinced that Hera was the same girl he had met and shared a drunken kiss with at the party. That night had caught his attention, and he couldn't shake the feeling that she was the one.

Jake's Thoughts: I can't believe I finally asked her out. I hope she agrees to come with me tomorrow. She's the same girl from the party, the park, and the Starfield Library. It has to be her.

He reached for his phone, feeling a bit anxious. He had already sent the message, but he kept replaying their interactions in his mind, wondering if he had come off too strong or too casual.

Jake's Message to Hera: "Hey Hera, I was wondering if you have some free time tomorrow. I was thinking of trying out a pottery class, something I've never done before. Would you like to join me? It could be fun to unwind together. Let me know!"

He stared at the message he had sent, hoping she would respond positively. He had always admired her from afar, and now he had a chance to get to know her better.

 He had always admired her from afar, and now he had a chance to get to know her better

Jake's Thoughts: She's always so sweet with Layla. I hope she says yes. It would be nice to spend time with her outside of the park. And maybe she'll remember our kiss from the party.

He tried to distract himself, but his thoughts kept drifting back to Hera and the possibility of spending the day with her. He imagined the two of them at the pottery place, creating something together, and it made him smile.

Jake's Thoughts: I really want to be closer to her. She has to remember what happened at the party. It felt so real, so right.

With that, he put his phone on the nightstand, hoping for a notification soon. The anticipation was killing him, but he knew he just had to wait and see.