Chapter 13

Alex followed V.V. in silence as his little companion guided him through the steadily dimming wooded area. The Ingram's Orbs slowly orbited around Alex at various heights, switching positions with one another occasionally. Alex finally started to feel a bit more secure as all his companions did their part to keep him safe. As he followed closely behind V.V, he opened his Status to check on certain things that he had been neglecting. Having what he was sure was a decently bad concussion for the better part of two days had not worked in Alex's favor. He scanned over the illuminated sheet before him and decided to go from top to bottom until something else decided to interrupt him.

User: Alexander Ingram

Race: Human (Other)

Age/Sex: 19 / Male

Titles: First Among Many, The Sky Is My Kingdom, Lonely Warden

Class: Orb Caller

Orbs: Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Opal

Level 3: 2200/2500

Profession: None

Exp: 455

Companion: Vibrant Void

System Credits: 57327

System Tokens*: 3 X-Grade Tokens, 8 A-Grade Tokens, 6 B-Grade Tokens, 9 C-Grade Tokens

Skills: Mana Tolerance (1), Mana Absorption (1)

Attribute Points: 20

Skill Points: 2

"Race: Human (Other)." Alex said this, expecting nothing to pop up after multiple failed attempts in search of information but his eyes widened when something happened.

User Race Information

(88%) Human: Previously dominant biological lifeform on the current planet. Bipedal, Proliphic birth rates, long adolescent periods, low Mana signatures. Weaknesses: High or Low temperatures, most System known poisons, blunt trauma, etc. View more weaknesses? (Y/N)

(12%) Other: Unknown bloodline detected.

"Um... V.V, what does Other mean in the Race category of my status?" Alex said, extremely confused by what he was seeing.

"Other? That means there is a portion of the User bloodline that isn't identifiable by the System. I was wondering about that as well when I viewed your Status. So, what are you other than Human?" V.V. said as she continued to move forward, telekinetically snapping small limbs and twigs that might hamper Alex's movement.

"...What do you mean? I'm just Human. One-hundred percent Human." Alex said, somewhat defensively.

V.V. stopped moving forward and turned her eye onto Alex. "You are in fact, eighty-eight percent Human, Alex. You are something Other than Human by roughly twelve percent. It seems that you didn't know that but the System doesn't lie. If it detects you're something other than Human, then you are." V.V. turned back to her task of guiding Alex and moved forward once more.

"...How does the System even know what a Human is. I thought the planet had Mana millions of years ago or something. If the System is just now seeing Humans, how does it know what we are and how are you sure it cannot be wrong about anything." Alex felt a bit of anger start to well up inside him. Due to irritation building in him, he noticed his Orb's start to move in a more erratic fashion around him. Their previously smooth orbit was now jerky and starting to speed up. Seeing his Orb's behavior, he was able to surmise they were reacting to his emotions and tried to calm down. The System saying he wasn't fully human and V.V. seeming to think that was anything alarming had started to bring out something Alex didn't like in himself.