Chapter Fifty Nine: The Warrior

59. The Warrior

05-25-2024

A/N: I've been having thoughts about ending this fic right after this arc because burnout is bitch... But we'll see when we get there. (^_^;)

Q: This randomly came up in my head, but if Senku were to have a child, how do you think he'd act?

-----

"Who the hell are you?"

Once the sailor had said that, Ukyo came aboard the deck and looked up in the same direction he was facing. Suddenly, something was thrown into the air with a rope attached to it. A million different scenarios were popping into your head, from escaping the ship, to fighting back what that object was. Whatever it was, you needed to do something.

However, without a second thought, Ryusui instantly kicked Suika off board and scooped you up into his well-toned arms.

"Ryusui-san?!" You cried out with perplexity. Then, you saw a horrifying, green light spreading above the ship--the same one that petrified the human race from before.

The man started running toward the edge of the ship, holding you firmly to make sure you didn't fall before then. Furrowing his eyebrows and focusing his honey-colored spheres toward the water, he instructed you, "You need to survive. Find Senku and tell him what happened here!"

"Wha--what about you?!" You replied with fear growing in the pits of your gut. The light was getting ever so close to the both of you, and you watched bodies behind you turning to stone. Suddenly, you felt his hands adjust on your body as he stood on the end of the boat. You looked down to see the water below. Whipping your head back at him with a pleading gaze, you insisted as you tightly grabbed his shoulder, "No, you have to run too! We can work together!"

The man then looked into your (E/C) eyes with sincerity in his. In a soft tone, he conceded, "I told you once that the only time I'd hold you in my arms again was if I were to save your life."

Ryusui lifted you up over his head, and you shouted, "Wait, Ryusui!"

He threw you overboard. Before you hit the water, you could see the man saluting you with a satisfied smile. Then, he turned around and you heard the impact of stone hitting wood. That was your immediate reason to swim as fast as you could away from the vessel.

You dived deep into the water and headed straight for the shore, hiding underneath a shady tree. At the same time, you spotted Suika right by you, sopping wet from the water.

"Suika!" You lightly called out to get her attention.

The girl noticed you and headed in your direction. Upon meeting you, she tightly embraced you, and you could feel her shaking with fear. "(Y/N), you're safe!"

"Thanks to Ryusui..." you muttered as your head tilted downward to see her. "I'm glad you're safe too..."

Your eyes then wandered toward the ship to see that the green light was gone, and that everyone on board was solid stone. Your heart ached for your friends, especially Haru, considering you didn't want them on board in the first place. Guilt had immediately settled in as you realized that they were put in danger. Then you had hoped that Senku didn't meet the same fate as the others. You realized that you needed to do what Ryusui had entrusted to you.

"Suika, you need to listen to me very carefully, okay?" you started as you kneeled before her. She watched you carefully as you spoke in a calm, steady voice, "We are in real danger, especially if Senku has been turned to stone like the others. But if not, they need to be warned. After we dry ourselves off, I will go look for them on the island while you hide--"