Ch 4: The Masochistic Knight (Oh wow, very original)

Aqua: "Ugh... I smell like fish...

Our stroll down the not-so-empty streets back to the guild, with the Aqua and Megumin covered in frog saliva, the latter being piggybacked by [Y/N].

Megumin: "It's smelly inside the frog, but the warm feeling isn't too bad... I gained some knowledge that I'd rather not know..."

Speaking of gaining knowledge Kazuma'd rather forget, If you use too much mana that it'd exceed its capacity, it would turn to your life force as the alternative source of power.

If she used explosion again in this state, it may very well lead to their death.

Kazuma: "From now on, explosion magic's banned unless there's an emergency. Please get by with your other spells from now on, Megumin."

Then the archwizard said another thing he'd rather not know of...

Megumin: "I cant."

Kazuma: "What?"

Megumin: "I can only use Explosion; I don't know any other magic."

[Y/N]: "For real?"

Megumin: "...For real, real."

As Megumin and Kazuma turned silent, Aqua, who was snivelling, joined in their discussion.

Aqua: "What do you mean you only know Explosion? If you had enough skill points to learn Explosion, you must've learned other spells, right?"

K&Y: "Skill points?"

The foemr goddess noticed their confusion and explained.

Aqua: "Skill points are something you earn when you choose a job; it's used to learn skills. The more potential a person has, the more skill points they start out with. You can learn all sorts of skills by investing skill points in them. For example, the excellent me has learned all the banquet party tricks as well as all the spells of an Archpriest."

Kazuma: "Where are you going to use Banquet party tricks?"

The blue thing ignored that and continued,

Aqua: "Depending on the person and the job, there are restrictions to the skills they may learn. For example, someone with a fear of water would need more points to learn water or ice elemental spells... However, as detonation-series magic consists of composite spells, you'd need deep knowledge of fire and wind magic to master it. This means that people who can learn detonation magic should be able to easily learn other spells."

[Y/N]: 'Wait, does that mean i just needed to use my Skill points for Red? Have i been spending all this time trying to learn Reverse Cursed Technique for nothing?! No, no wait, i learnt Blue without skill points, so it's safe to assume the same for Red.'

Kazuma: "This means that it doesn't make sense to be unable to learn low-tier spells when you know high-tier magic from the detonation-series... Anyway, where can you make use of banquet party tricks?"

Megumin mumbled when he finished his sentence:

"...I'm an Archwizard that loves Explosion. What I like is not detonation-series magic, but Explosion."

[Y/N]: "I'm going to guess Explosion's the most destructive one amomg the detonation-series?"

Megumin: "Exactly! Adventures will definitely be easier if I learn other spells. Fire, water, earth, wind and light... Learning spells related to this should be good enough... However, I couldn't do it; my only love is Explosion. Even though I can only cast it once per day, even if I'll collapse after using the spell, my one true love is still Explosion! The only reason I chose the path of the Archwizard was to cast explosion spells."