Numero veintiocho

The car ride was silent , not a comfortable silence, one where you could tell each one had something on their mind

   The car ride was silent , not a comfortable silence, one where you could tell each one had something on their mind. Harleigh sat in the back feeling like the middle man because she always felt for all parties involved.

Hakeem drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other massaging his temple. Not feeling like himself , he was slightly uncomfortable in the position that he was in right now. He knew this wasn't going to be a smooth transition for his girls at least not honesty.

In fact he knew with her this was going to be the biggest challenge but he failed to realize the mental breakdown she was coming in contact with . This  was nothing compared to what was coming and since he liked to be in control of everything he didn't know how to go about this problem.

He never felt as weak as he did now , he started to think getting Keisha help was the wrong thing , or he wondered was it wrong timing or could it have been he was focusing to hard on one person and not paying attention to one of the most important people in his life.

Honesty sat with her legs crossed, sitting as close to the door as she could , and  if she could've scooted any closer she would've.  She felt her heart breaking all over again but this time it was different. This time her hurt left her empty, sadden , she felt her favorite person was turning against her.

Her mind was confused , she felt lost in this moment, as if she was turning back into her normal self. For the life of her she was trying to remember Keshia voice saying what she thought she heard. The other half of her knew she could never accept the fact her mind was playing tricks on her , or that she had came in contact with an illness she thought she ran away from.

Hakeem watched her in the mirror and he knew he saw a glimpse of her that he hadn't seen in a long time. He knew the little girl that he catered to was broken beyond repair. Hakeem knew this  night changed the bond between them and he knew to honesty it seemed as if he just took the enemy side.

What honesty didn't know was that Hakeem knew when Keisha was telling the truth. Sadly tonight he got a glimpse of the old Keisha and from the moment she said safari he knew whole heartedly Keisha didn't do anything honesty accused her of doing.

Harleigh watched her older sister and also cried silently, honesty and her shared a special bond. You would think she was crying because of the simple fact she was scared but in all reality she knew she was about to lose a big part of her life. Harleigh scooted over to where honesty was and grabbed her , caressing her into her arms.

....

Honor drove the car following behind her father, Keisha sat quietly not knowing what to say. She wondered if asking to go to the park was the wrong thing to do. Emotionally she felt horrible seeing honesty like that and not being able to help her the way she wanted to.

Keisha knew that she played a big part in this, and there was no way she could fix it , especially knowing that honesty wouldn't let her. Part of her accepted the fact she was never going to get that relationship back with her oldest child , one she felt so close to. The other part of her felt like she was going to do everything in her power to get her daughter back.

Honor of course sat in disappointment , she was disappointed in honesty but sat in awe for Keisha. Honor wish she could go back and take yari instead of going to uncle Rome house. Sadly honor was the opposite of Harleigh she was willing to lose that sisterly bond with honesty , before losing her mom again while she is trying to make it right.

"Don't dwell it's not your fault "

"My mom told me once never tear down people you call home , because once that home is gone you'll never find home again "

"At least your trying to fix the home you once had "

"And sadly babygirl everyone in that home won't accept that "

"Some will stay because they've had hope to go back to what's familiar  all along and some will leave because familiar is what hurt them the most "

"So I have to face the consequences which is honesty being the one that doesn't want anything to do with familiar because that's what hurt her the most"

"But I just -"

"It's no just , that's just what it is and she's not wrong , just because she feels different doesn't make her any less than you "

"Never make her feel as though she's wrong for feeling the way she does because she's not , her hurt is valid , her standpoint is meant to be stood on , just like anyone else's "

"In this moment don't make her feel as though she's alone , if she's already lost the most important person in the home  , why put her in a position to feel as though she losing the whole house "

"Your right , I know but it's so hard seeing her be so hard heartened, when your trying to do better"

"Im trying  to do better now , in some cases my now may have missed the bus of their now and I'm way to far back to catch up now"

"Make sense , makes sense"

...

They all pulled up at the house at the same time , Anita was outside waiting for honesty, honesty shot her a text asking her to come get her . Honesty rushed out the car well at least she was trying to but Hakeem rushed behind her grabbing her arm.

"Where you going, Ian say I was done having a conversation with you "

"Let her arm go Keem , go to the car honesty"

Honesty walked to the car , not paying anybody any attention, Anita made sure she was in the car so she wouldn't hear what she had to say.

"I told you ever since that girl was a little girl to get her some help, you got her seen one time and you chose to listen to the white man that wore a coat "

"From the moment she looked normal to you , you slacked on her mental health , I saw every melt down , that little girl couldn't catch a break "

"But now you have to deal with the consequences because as you can see she's spiraling and if you don't catch heed it's going to get worse , and Keisha is nothing but a trigger for now"

"But ma the doctors told me she was doing what kids do what was I supposed to do "

"you were supposed to listen to your mother and go harder SON , I told you I knew the signs at first hand , your father was the same way, it's never to late "

"Love yall see yall in the morning " Anita walked around giving hugs and kisses even to Keisha.