Chapter 1 The Queen of Tears, Wang Wonyoung

That moment when Queen Wonyoung is having a word with Queen Dowager in Queen Dowager's mansion house for a tea, her stepmother...

Queen Dowager: "I heard what happened in the court room, don't tell me..."

She angrily shocked, breathing in shudder and Wonyoung couldn't look at her face when she is speaking to her.
Queen Dowager drinks a cup of tea to calm her down and she gave herself with exhale while wiping her mouth.

Queen Dowager: "Go and beg for Khitan envoy again, they're still not far away yet."
"It's not too late to beg again yet."

As she begged while pointing out.

Wonyoung: "Stepmother, it's too late already."

As she spoke while she begins to look up at her face.

Queen Dowager: "Wonyoung!!"

As she cried while raising her voice louder at her.
Wonyoung breathes in shudder while rolling her eyes away from Queen Dowager, Queen Dowager gently slamming on a table with her bare hand.

Queen Dowager: "What are we going to do now?"

She worried, palming to her forehead while she sighs.
Wonyoung was too stunned to speak out to her when her royal stepmother looks at her with her sad face.

Queen Dowager: "Do you think sitting on the throne is a joke to you?"
"You're the Empress of Goryeo and it doesn't mean you can do anything you want."

As she seriously arguing at Queen Wonyoung.

Queen Dowager: "Just tell me, what are we going to do now? Do you want to see me and your little brother dying?"

She sobbed, as she begins to cry while tapping on her chest many times.

Wonyoung: "There is no way! Why would I let my little brother dying?!"

As she argued at her royal stepmother with her shock face.

Queen Dowager: "Then why would you disobeyed the royal order from the Emperor of Khitan for?"
"Don't you know anything about politic at all?"
"If you do, you'll be smart enough not to risk our innocent people's life."

She gently whined while holding her chest with her sad face at Queen Wonyoung.

Wonyoung: "Stepmother! I thought you disagreed Yi Chang Chun's treacherous plan though!"
"I thought you want our old territory back, so didn't you want our people to fight the war against Khitan back?"

As she seriously explaining to her stepmother while she's nearly crying.

Queen Dowager: "This is all my fault for raising you that way, how can I called myself a mother when I cannot teach you well?"

She asked her while tears falling down.

Wonyoung: "Stepmother!!"

She yelled out loud.

Queen Dowager: "You will never learn again from your single mistake."
"Playing politic is not like a game, you will face lonely, despair and sorrowful by yourself if you sit on the throne."
"This is how it feels like to sit on that damn throne."