Legacies Chapter 1: A New Start

NOTE: Hello readers, I am just rewriting and making some changes to the chapters I have written. After reading some other amazing stories, I realized that my story was lacking and consequently I wish to improve the narrative, dialogue, etc. I hope you will enjoy the new rewritten chapters.

The image above is an AI image of the main protagonist, Damien. I decided to go with AI images because I am not good with art, graphic design, or anything else related so I just went with an AI image that best fits my vision. I will provide AI images for the other main characters in the upcoming chapters.

(Monday 9:00 AM)

Damiens POV:

A new day broke in the majestic city of New York. The streets were a hurricane of chaos with heavy traffic, tourists enjoying the sights, and regular hard-working citizens grabbing coffee from their favorite shops and rushing to work. To normal people, it was just a regular day without a single paradox to ruin their routine. But for certain "special" people, it was the first day of a particular summer camp. To the east of New York City in Long Island, the crisp morning summer weather shined light on the famous Camp Half-Blood. Anyone who had received the revelation that they were the child of a god came to this camp to be trained as heroes. The lives they lived before would be unhinged and forever changed as surviving outside of Camp Half-Blood would be nigh impossible except for the most powerful demigods. The camp was bustling with activity. Demigods from all over America mingled amongst themselves; some returning for another summer and others being there for the first time. Many showed signs of anxiety while others were excited. Some demigods were sitting at booths labeled with different symbols. These were camp counselors, campers who were chosen to have responsibilities. Most of them are selected because they stay year-round while others show excellent leadership. Then the atmosphere suddenly became heavy with pressure. A young man walked through the crowd holding his head high with confidence drawing much attention. It was like his presence alone demanded respect; like a lion among sheep. His piercing bright blue eyes kept forward, not letting them drift away from his goal. Campers around him began talking amongst themselves.

"Who is that? I've never seen him before," whispered one camper.

"I haven't either. Do you think he is a new camper?" replied another with a whisper.

"There's no way he is a new camper. It's rare next to impossible for demigods to survive outside Camp Half-Blood. He at least looks to be in his late teens so he would have had to survive outside camp for years," another among them speculated.

"Tch," Damien thought to himself. He didn't want to come to this camp in the first place. But this past year has been challenging for him as his scent got more intoxicating to monsters. His fight with three Cyclops two weeks ago was the final straw for him. He had decided to attend the camp to be able to train in peace but he wasn't confident there would be any challenges here. He spent years surviving on his own against monsters and in his mind these other demigods were sheltered and had no practical experience. He got even more annoyed as some girl campers gawked at him.

"He's pretty hot don't you think?" said a girl camper.

"I mean he's cute but that guy gives off huge lone wolf vibes. I prefer a social guy," said another. girl.

"I don't know what you are talking about but I love the loner type," another girl said making them all giggle. As Damien finally makes it to the reception desk he waits as a counselor organizes some paperwork. After a minute she finally looks up and flinches a little when she locks eyes with Damien's cold expression and towering presence. Sweat drips down her head but she manages an awkward smile.

"W-welcome to Camp Half-Blood. My name is Violet, I am the Hermes cabin counselor this year. Are you a returning camper? I don't think I have ever seen you before." Damien shrugs, "No, never." The counselor's expression turns to one of confusion at his answer. "And how old are you?"