Legacies Chapter 3: The Echos of the past

NOTE: Above is the fraternal twin of Scarlet Jackson, Dalton Jackson. (Whispers: Ignore the words in the picture ignore that his eye is missing a pupil~~~cough sorry did I say something?)

(Tuesday 8:30 AM)

Damien POV

Damien woke up to the morning light piercing through the windows to his eyes, blinking a few times to adjust. As he stared at the ceiling he then remembered last night. He put his hand to his face. "I knew that the seven would have children but I didn't expect to meet any of them..." he thought. He took a deep breath and got up and took a good stretch. As he sat up his thoughts echoed the encounter.

 _<<<<>>>>_

(Flashback to last night)

"You mean your dad is the famous hero Leo Valdez?" Damien asked Ricardo.

He saw Ricardo get visibly awkward at the mention of his dad, "Yep...my dad is a famous hero of the Seven. I even ended up getting claimed by Hephestus just like him. I am also at this camp expected to build crazy and wacky machines..." His gaze left Damien's eyes and drifted to his Hephestus cabin mates.

"Well, you're very...optimistic about it," Damien remarked.

"Well, I don't hate my dad or anything like that. He has been an amazing dad and role model. I even got my sense of humor from him haha," he chuckles. "But whenever I am with my dad, everyone comments on how I look like him, talk like him, etc. It is like living constantly in someone's shadow. No matter what I do, it is expected because of who my dad is, not me for myself. It frustrates me sometimes. I love working with my hands but can it ever be just my passion alone and not something I inherited?" He said.

Damien lingered on his words for a minute. He knew what it was like being compared to someone else. He looked at his hands and thought about his heritage. Damien came to this camp to escape being compared. This camp was a chance for a fresh start to build a legend that is his own. "Well, I cannot tell you what you should do. But one thing I know for sure is that your destiny is your own, nobody can decide it for you. Whatever your hidden talents are, you must search deep for them. And once you find them, hold onto them tight."

Ricardo stared at him like he was suddenly the most bizarre thing he had ever seen. "What?" Damien asked. Ricardo then started to chuckle, "Nothing I just didn't expect an answer like that from you. It's nice that someone here can sympathize with my situation. Is one of your parents also famous or something? I know you aren't a child of the Seven."

Damien hesitated and considered his response, "You could say that...but talking about this is a subject I like to avoid."

"Could I ask why? Do you not talk with your parents or something?" he asked.

Damien looked at him and narrowed his eyes, making his answer clear.

"Woah amigo if you don't want to talk about that that is fine I am not going to pry," he assured him.

"I thought I told you...ugh whatever it's fine don't pop a blood vessel about it," he says.

"It's fine I get it. But if you ever want a friend to talk to about this then Therapist Ricardo Valdez is at your service," he said with a smile and walked away before Damien could respond. After he left Damien's thoughts lingered more. Was he the only child of the Seven here at camp, has he already met the others, and many other questions. He began to get stressed and left towards the cabins to get some sleep.  

_<<<<>>>>_

(The Present)

As Damien sat there, memories of his past began to erupt in his mind. He thought about when he used to live at an orphanage in West Virginia due to his mother putting him up for adoption after he was born. He never understood why and the confusion only increased when he met his father. It confused him greatly being told he was the son of a god and was not like normal kids. He did, however, become infatuated with the stories he told him; of Greek mythology. His eight-year-old mind began to dream big things. Going on adventures, fighting monsters, whatever his imagination could think of. But as the years went by he learned who his father truly was and he felt like he was played. He wanted to do many great things but he was already great because of who his father was. He dreamed of starting from nothing and working his way up to the top but he felt as if that dream was ripped away from him. So he left everything behind; his identity, the orphanage, anything that reminded him of that past. He set out into the world learning to survive and doing things his way on his terms. He remembered the rumors he heard about a Camp for Half-Bloods and he knew that it was his chance to make a fresh start and build the legend he always wanted. That is why he was here. He was determined to do it on his own without anyone's help.