ep one: 𝙃𝙀𝙇𝙇𝙊 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙒𝙀𝙇𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀

SITUATED IN HIS SEAT, Saiki Kusuo was experiencing yet another excruciating day at P.K Academy. The downside to existing in a comedy manga, was the existence of exaggerated characters that managed to annoy the psychic to no end.

"Hey Pal!" None other than the glorious butt-chin king, Nendou Riki, who was calling out to his best 'pal'.

You see, if Saiki could just disappear right now, he would. However, if he revealed his secret of being a psychic, all hell would surely let loose. His own father tries to exploit him, so who knows what will happen.

So, instead, he opted to just sit there in silence, allowing the other to do all the talking. It's okay, they've grown used to it.

"Want to get ramen?" This seemed to be a daily question, usually met with refusal. Unless promised with a coffee jelly.

"Forget the ramen, Saiki come with me. I'm sure the Dark Reunion is up to something soon..." And there nuisance number 2 was - Kaidou Shun.

'Are they serious? We just started school.' Saiki's internal dialogue immediately drowned out in all the voices he could hear in his 200 meter radius.

That was how it was everyday. Things seemed to repeat themselves. Nendou asking for ramen, Kaidou blabbering on about the so-called 'Dark Reunion' and a disaster occurring that Saiki would eventually need to use his psychic powers for. Then, a few new characters would be introduced that would only intensify the annoyance Saiki feels. 'Good grief.'

Speaking of, "Hey! Did you hear? We're getting a new student." - "No way, already?" - "We're already a quarter into the year though?" - "Who cares. I heard they're pretty." 

'Surely not as pretty as me!' There she was, glowing in her seat, hair neatly on her shoulders, eyes gleaming with beauty. Teruhashi Kokomi, P.K's, or rather, Japan's number one beauty.

It was no doubt that she was gorgeous. But Saiki couldn't see things like that. If he held eye contact for too long, he would end up seeing their muscle tissues, then eventually their bones. Not a pretty sight.

He however, could see a person's true personality, and Teruhashi's was far from gorgeous. What a shame.

The conversations around Saiki didn't seem to die down. Aren Kuboyasu joined in a conversation with Kaidou, questioning his antics about "fighting someone"; something Aren knew a lot about.

Not too far was Mera Chisato, drooling over Yumehara Chiyo's bento that she proudly decorated herself. A recognisable gyaru, Aiura Mikoto, the most recent transfer, was sitting beside them, picking at her long nails.

The list of characters felt endless, and was only about to expand.

"Excuse me Class 3! I hope you're all fired up to welcome our new student!" His flame red hair was a reflection of his spirit - Hairo Kineshi. He was Class 3's representative, naturally, as everyone looked up to him. With his voice booming throughout the classroom, all eyes shot to the door.

First came the appearance of their teacher, which only amped up everyone's anxiety and anticipation. Was this new kid going to live up to all the rumours?

"Hello!"

"Oh!", "Wow!", "Look at her hair!", "Wait how is she making our uniform look cute?".

Standing tall at the front of the class was a timid, yet excited girl, who stepped her way to the centre front of the class.

As instructed by the teacher, the new-comer bowed and proudly announced, "It's really nice to meet you all! I'm y/n l/n. I hope to be good friends with you all.".

Almost immediately everyone began chanting out to her, inviting her to their groups, or requesting to be friends. "Sit here with me!", "Hey do you like volleyball?", "Have you joined a club yet?".

Questions began overwhelming the girl, to which the teacher shut it down immediately. "Now, now. Everyone quiet down. You'll have a chance to chat during your breaks." Most students ignored the teacher, and went back to gossiping with each other.

"l/n, if you may, take the available seat over there." y/n's eyes darted across the room, towards the right side. There her new seat was, in front of a pink-haired boy who appeared to be watching outside the window.

Walking over, y/n pulled the vacant chair out, not before bowing her head politely to the boy behind her. Not that he paid attention. His eyes momentarily darted over to her before darting back to whatever simplicity was happening outside of the class.

As she slid into her seat, Saiki noticed his eyes shooting right back to the back of her head.

'What?' He stared a little longer.

'Why is my x-ray vision not working?'

a/n i meant it when i said slow, slow burn >:)