Epilogue

PARIS DAILY

Written and Edited by
Nadja Chamàck

LADYBUG AND CAT NOIR'S VICTORY OVER MONARCH
___________________________________

Paris is celebrating the victory over Monarch, thanks to our beloved miracles, Ladybug and Cat Noir. Now free from the evil force, the City of Love happily begin to adjust going back to normal, day-to-day life. Thanks to our unknown, undercover squad, known as The Resistance, our heroes have managed to save Paris from almost a years' worth of fear! Citizens will never forget the huge impact these two had made, as this event will undoubtedly go down in history!

We are also heartbroken that we may never be able to see our saviours again. Their identities still remain a secrets, but that does not mean we will stop praising them.

Monarch, former known as Hawk Moth and Shadow Moth, happened to be Gabriel Agreste, famous fashion designer, father to model Adrien Agreste, husband to a sadly departed wife, Emilie Graham de Vanily. The reason of why he wanted to wield the Miraculous of Creation and Destruction due to confidential reasons relating to privacy. The Founder of the Gabriel Brand™ was sentenced to five years of jail as punishment, leaving his son in the hands of his Aunt, Amilie Graham de Vanily, and his cousin, Felix Fathom.

One of our interviewers, Clara Contard, had managed to organise an interview with those who had saved Paris.

"It was an honor to help assist Ladybug and Cat Noir. Our comrades are proud to say that Team Resistance and Team Miraculous make the dream work!" Comrade Ketchup had announced.

"The victory over Monarch was worth the wait. Paris is now free from Akumas, and Monarch's reign. We can enjoy the rest of the time without worrying about getting akumatized! It was a privilege to serve the City of Love!" Ladybug had mentioned.

"Speaking of love, M'lady and I have plans. See you another time when darkness falls over us again!" Cat Noir had stated.

"This is absurd! I was being framed! It was all a set up! I'm telling you it was that girl - Lila Rossi!" Gabriel Agreste had accused.

"I was so shocked having to believe that I was the female face of Gabriel's brand when he was Monarch all along! Poor Adrien will struggle so much to cope with the revelation. Luckily, I am there for him because we are super close! I visit him sometimes and he just loves talking with me!" Lila Rossi had claimed.

"It did come as a slight shock to me to find out mt father was behind all of this evil, but once we realised, the signs couldn't have been any more obvious. He was cold and very isolated ever since...mum had passed away. I hope her death wasn't the cause of this. Hopefully one day father will open his eyes and see the terror and fear he had caused and correct himself." Adrien Agreste had commented.

"I did notice ever since my dear sister had passed away, Gabriel did seem to become a bit cold and distant. He seemed to not like me and my son's company, but that was no reason to hate us. I hope he will soon realise how much danger he had started." Amilie Graham de Vanily had said.

"I don't know what you want me to say...my uncle is a strange man." Felix Fathom had answered.

"Well, it did seem unpredictable. But thanks to Ladybug, Cat Noir, and The Resistance, Paris is safe." Marinette Dupain Cheng, young designer who had been praised by the millionaire Gabriel, had assured.

It also turned out that Mayura was Nathalie Sancour, assistant and friend to Mr. Agreste. Here is what she had to say:

"Yes, I did know from the very beginning Gabriel wielded the Miraculous of the Butterfly...I thought it would go okay and he's quickly realise the bad person he was becoming...but, the madness, it- it didn't stop. He was so desperate it drove him insane. That was when I tried acting against him...yes I know what he wanted to wish for. But I can't say because he is my friend and I am still loyal to him."

Miss Sancour will face the judgment of court to decide her fate.

As far as we know, Ladybug had confirmed that both her and her partner's identities will remain a secret as a precaution in case if another force decided to challenge the safety of French citizens.

Adrien Agreste will be staying with his relatives, due to not being able to live in his father's mansion any longer. The Gabriel Brand ™ has been officially shut down, so now Tsurugi Labs ™ has been ranked number one in our national company quality 'leaderboard'.

As so to speak, Parisians are able to live a normal daily life thanks to our two miracles, Ladybug and Cat Noir.

______________________________________

°•°

Ladybug opened up her yo-yo. Cat Noir happily handed over all the Miraculouses to her. She popped them in, one by one. She counted and mentally checked them off.

Miraculous of the...
Fox ✓
Turtle ✓
Bee ✓
Bunny ✓
Pig ✓
Tiger ✓
Dragon ✓
Horse ✓
Monkey ✓
Mouse ✓
Buffalo ✓
Goat ✓
Rooster ✓
Snake ✓

And Butterfly. ✓

She would deal with the Peacock Miraculous later.

The heroine turned to face her partner. Cat Noir smiled. "You did it." He beamed. She smiled. "No. We did it. We're a team, remember?" She asked. Cat Noir laughed. "Yeah. But we are also friends. Gosh, this feels great, but..." Cat Noir frowned. Ladybug also replaced her smile with a pout.

"Our victory means it's the end of our adventure. Monarch has been defeated. We have no more business to use our Miraculous. I...I will have to take your's back." Ladybug realised. Her team mate smiled sadly at her. She had been the love of his life. This wasn't right.

"I wanna have a good farewell with Plagg, if that's okay. I may never see him again, and...well, I want to make sure the Camembert I gift to him is special." Cat Noir raised a brow.

Ladybug looked taken aback. "You thought I won't let you say goodbye to your kwami? Of course I approve! Plagg knows where I live, so I won't need to collect him. Plus, I gotta do some stuff with the others." She says.

Cat Noir nodded. "I hope we'll see each other again. I have a feeling this will not be our last adventure, M'lady." He says. Ladybug's eyes teared up. She didn't want to lose her cat. He had helped during the most hardest time, made her laugh at the wrong time, took her on dates, gave her roses, and they both had built a relationship that they knew would come crashing down once they defeated whoever it was behind that evil mask.

He was her kitty cat, and she didn't want to let him go. She took his hand and said, "don't worry, my kitty, we are always with each other. I may not value you the way you value me, but that shouldn't force us to change the way we see eachother. And for now, I am as delighted as ever because of our unbreakable friendship. I will never ever forget the fun times I had spent with you, cat. Remember what I told you: I'd never abandon you. And so I won't. If hatred, darkness, or a power of evil ever threatens Paris again, I will call on you. A million times if I have to. Even if there will be a million farewells in return. We are Ladybug and Cat Noir, heroes of Paris, and for as long as our city stands, we will protect it. Together, just you and me...and our Miraculous Team as well."

Cat Noir's eyes sparkled as he grinned. "I can't wait."

°•°