Oneshot 8 / Malia and Hallie:

A Legacy's Mortal Family - Behind the Scenes

Timeline:
After the book

3rd person

Hallie rested her chin on her arms as she sat at the bench in the kitchen, slightly bored.

Her father and uncle were busy, both editing.

"Hello?" A familiar voice called out and Hallie's head lifted.

"Malia!?"

Her father's girlfriend, Malia Gee, entered the room. A smile broke on her face when she saw Hallie. "Hey Hal!"

She jumped off her stool and hugged the woman. "I missed you!"

Malia smiled, stroking Hallie's brown hair. "I missed you, too. How have you been?"

"Good," Hallie leaned into her touch. "I started dancing again."

The woman lit up. "Hal! That's so exciting!"

Hallie giggled. "Yeah? I didn't know if it was."

Malia began to spin her around. "Hallie, this is super exciting! You're doing dance again!"

Hallie's eyes welled with tears. She loved Malia, she was the mother she didn't have. One thing Hallie knew, and was pretty sure she would always know, was that if she had something she wanted to share but didn't know if she should - go to Malia. She'll give the best reaction and be there for her no matter what.

"Oh don't cry sweetheart," Malia frowned, pulling Hallie close again and wiping her tears. "This is good."

"I love you Mal," Hallie mumbled.

"Love you too, Hal," Malia replied with a smile. "You can tell me anything, Hallie Grace Brock. You got that?"

"I know," Hallie grinned, tilting her head, sea-green eyes locked on the one woman who stepped up to be her mother figure. "I've always known."

What neither knew, and wouldn't on his watch, was that Hallie's father, Colby, was watching. He smiled at them - his two girls.

His two girls.

APRIL SPEAKS:
Colby and Malia are so OTP. I ship them so much, I love them together