Chapter 6: Oceans Apart

David sat in his office, staring at his phone. It was late in New York, but he couldn't sleep. His mind was preoccupied with work and thoughts of Chae Yeon. Suddenly, his phone buzzed with a text from Joon-Ho, his childhood friend and confidant in Korea.

"Eun Sung, you need to come back to Korea. There's something you need to know about an opportunity at Hercyna. It's urgent."

David's heart skipped a beat. Hercyna was a burgeoning company that had been making waves recently. He knew he had to go back.

The flight to Seoul felt interminable. David's thoughts oscillated between the urgency of Joon-Ho's message and the last time he saw Chae Yeon.

He had promised her he would return soon, but he hadn't anticipated it would be this soon and under such circumstances.

As the plane touched down, David mentally prepared himself for whatever awaited him. He knew that dealing with this new opportunity and the complexities around it would not be simple.

David arrived in Seoul with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. As he stepped off the plane, the familiar energy of the city welcomed him back. The bustling streets, neon lights, and constant motion evoked memories of his childhood, but this time, his visit had a specific purpose.

The next morning, David met Joon-Ho in a sleek, modern office building in Gangnam. Joon-Ho, ever the professional, wasted no time getting to the heart of the matter.

"Hercyna," he began, "is an up-and-coming departmental store chain that's making waves in the retail industry. Their unique approach to customer service and innovative product lines have the potential to disrupt the market significantly. According to our studies and statistics, within two years, Hercyna will dominate the market."

David listened intently, intrigued by the possibilities. "And how does this relate to Queens Group?"

Joon-Ho leaned forward, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "Hercyna's success will create a significant challenge for Queens Group's retail dominance. If we invest now and support Hercyna's expansion, we can position ourselves as major stakeholders and challenge Hae-In's influence directly."

David's mind raced. This was more than just a business opportunity; it was a chance to strike back at Hae-In, the woman who had caused so much turmoil in his life. He felt a surge of determination.

"What do we need to do?" David asked, his voice steady.

"We need to secure a significant investment in Hercyna and strategically support their growth. It will require resources, time, and careful planning, but the payoff could be enormous," Joon-Ho explained.

David nodded. "Let's get started."

Over the next few weeks, David and Joon-Ho worked tirelessly to secure their investment in Hercyna. They met with the company's executives, reviewed their business plans, and analyzed market trends. The more David learned about Hercyna, the more convinced he became of its potential.

Hercyna had a knack for understanding consumer behavior and trends. His innovative approach to retail, which combined high-quality products with exceptional customer service, had already begun to attract attention. Hercyna's flagship stores were designed to offer a unique shopping experience, blending traditional retail with modern conveniences.

David and Joon-Ho's investment provided the necessary funds for Hercyna's expansion. They helped the company streamline operations, secure additional funding, and prepare for a major market launch. As they worked together, David began to see the potential for a much larger impact. He started plotting a long-term strategy that would not only ensure Hercyna's success but also weaken Queens Group's hold on the market.