Fourth of July

America's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I turned it off and stretched. I looked out the window and saw American flags eveywhere. Then, after a few seconds, I remembered something.

It was my birthday!

After taking a bath and wearing nice clothes, I hurried down the stairs and went out of my house. People started coming to me and greeted me. I said a "thanks, dudes!" in return.

"Ha...happy birthday..." a voice shyly greeted. I looked down and saw a little girl probably about four years old. The girl had short brown hair and green eyes. She was also wearing a green dress with matching doll shoes. She handed me a blue box with a red ribbon wrapped around it. I bent down to the girl's height and patted her head.

"Thanks!" I exclaimed, smiling. The girl smiled a bit and ran back to her parents.

I walked down the sidewalk and started wondering on what the other countries will give me this time. I snapped out of my thoughts once I bumped on someone.

"Oh, dude! I'm so sorry!"

Then, I realized that the person I bumped into was France. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Joyeux anniversaire, Amerique!" he greeted, speaking his language. "Happy birthday, I mean."

"Thanks, dude!" I exclaimed and wrapped an arm around him. I also remembered one thing. I planned to host a birthday party later at my house. "Hey, wanna come over to my house? I'm hosting a party."

"Sure," France replied. "Oh and, I'll also be giving your present later."

"Okay!"

After talking, he left. I guess I could only invite the Axis and the Allies, including my bro, Canada. If I invited all of the countries, my house would be crowded and won't have that much space anymore. I started calling them.

~

That night, all of them went to my house and gave me presents, except for England for some reason. The house was then filled with laughter.

"Hey guys, wanna play Truth or Dare?" I asked.

"Sure!" they replied.

~

After the game, I saw England just standing at the backyard. I raised a brow and walked over to him.

"England?" I asked. The Englishman's head shot up and looked at me. His eyes softened.

"Oh, it's just you." he muttered.

"Why don't you join us inside?" I asked, smiling a bit. He remained silent. I tilted my head to the side.

"You've never changed at all, have you, America?"

I looked even more confused.

He walked over to me and hugged me tight. I froze for a moment but later relaxed in his arms.

"Happy birthday."

(Hey guys! This is Yshapan and I hope you like this short one shot and happy birthday to America! It's July 4 in my place btw and thank you for reading this story!)