Chapter 28:Coming for you

The office was tense when Sana swung by before her night-shift in the hospital. Being a nurse wasn't easy, being a night-shift nurse helping her friends serve a nine year old attempted murder case was even harder.

Especially when a few of her said friends had strong personalities that sometimes clashed. Case in point, Jisoo was storming out of the office after some vague argument with Lisa.

For the most part, Sana knew that she was never really good with the whole detective work. But that didn't mean that she wasn't willing to help.

When Mr. Jeonghan told them of what happened, Sana was at a loss for words. She always admired Y/N in so many ways, she always wanted her to take notice of her too.

She eventually did, just in the wrong way, and Sana understood that it was her fault too because she let her jealousy of Jennie get in the way.

But then she and her friends started reaching out to her, her pride letting things get in the way, making it harder.

That's why when she found out that Y/N, who never for once held any interest in any school activity in the first place, was only at the game to keep an eye out for her because she was worried, well, Sana was overwhelmed.

That's how she found herself joining the fold, hanging out more and more with Y/N's old friends, with her old friend Jennie, and with Jeongyeon, who she never imagined she would fall in love with.

The guilt Sana felt simply over the years. The guilt of surviving, after all, was such a terrible burden to carry. She found happiness with Jeongyeon, no matter their current circumstance.

And no matter how that happiness felt right, it was tainted with the knowledge that she found the life she had because Jennie had to suffer nine torturous years to wait and tell the person she loved how she felt about her. Because it felt unfair that the person who wanted to keep everyone safe has lost nine years of her life and counting.

She had a life because of Y/N's sacrifice.

Because the person she admired risked her life to keep her safe and was in a coma.

In a way they kind of all felt that way, Nayeon, her, Lisa, and Jennie.

Oh, especially Jennie still.

Especially after all Y/N has done to make sure she would be safe most of all.

That's why Sana worked hard. She, Rosé, and Nayeon thought the same thing, find a way to help Y/N through other means, particularly in helping her recover for that one day when she woke up.

Sana was sure she wanted to make it up after all. To help Y/N, to help Jennie.

That's why they all moved to Busan, slowly but surely.

They kind of all did.

They all wanted to help, from raising funds for the ridiculous sums that they needed to help keep Y/N alive to slowly but surely trying to figure out how to piece a puzzle they couldn't fully understand back then.

Their hodge-podge crew of wanna be investigators started in high school and only grew more when they all decided to attend Ahdong for college. There they met Dahyun and Chaeyoung, whose respective fathers happened to know Dr. Ji-Sub and wanted to help him. They also met Tzuyu.

Their bond only grew stronger after what had happened to Dahyun's and Chaeyoung's fathers.

Back then, Y/N was kept in the hospital for a good six months before being moved to a facility that better helped her, but because of the forever rising costs, Dr. Ji-Sub decided to move her home, and set-up some sort of home care system for her. Eventually, he sold their house back at home and moved somewhere smaller and closer to Ahdong.