• Three •

Saturday

Richard sits in front of me, his notepad on the table. It's my second day at work, and the day I've been looking forward to. Qualifying day.

"So your brother has scored the top spot in all of the practice sessions" Richard says, going through yesterdays results.

"But Charles is edging closer with each session" He quickly adds, raising his eyebrow at me to make sure I remember it all.

I nod firmly with a smile curving up my lips. He has nothing to worry about. I'm quite sure I'm able to name every driver's result in testing of the back of my head.

"Great." Richard mutters, his classic smile creeping up his lips. "You got any questions?" He asks, knowing I don't.

I smile, shaking my head no.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about the Max situation?" Richard suddenly asks. My smile immediately falls.

The Max situation.

The situation where it's gone out that I've become a journalist, and where my brother told thousands of viewers that he doesn't really give a shit about me.

"Yes" I quickly answer, my gaze falling to my fiddling hands. "Please" I add in a plead. I don't want to talk about my brother, I don't want to focus on him anymore.

This is my time, my career. Not his or our father's.

"Okay." Richard calmly responds with a nod, raising his hands in surrender. "Just prepare yourself for
a lot more attention today"

I nod slowly, unable to hide my dampened mood.

"Come, let's go watch some qualifying love" Richard speaks up, a hand on my shoulder as he shines his cheerful grin down at me.

Right away, the grin spreads over to my lips.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

A neon green Sauber car speeds right past us. I smile over at Richard beside me. I could never get sick of watching the cars up this close.

"So, do you have any predictions?" Richard asks, leaning back in his seat. Sunglasses pulled over his eyes, he looks like the most satisfied middle aged man in this country.

I chuckle, shaking my head at him. "I don't wanna embarrass myself in front of the esteemed Richard Jones" I answer playfully.

All though I'm joking, there is some truth to it.

Richard is known all around the paddock as an amazing journalist, who's time and time again predicted future champions and much more.

"Oh come on, in just a few years you'll be the honored Isa Verstappen" Richard replies with a perky smile.

"Impress me." He adds, a hidden seriousness in his eyes.

I stall, looking out at the track. Q1 has just begun, only a few cars running on track. Within seconds my mind starts running.

I've grown up watching and analyzing this sport, hell even some of these drivers.