Chapter 2

Seokjin woke up squinting his eyes as the sunlight beamed through the see-through curtains in his room.

“Fuck! Who the hell gets see-through white curtains for the bedroom?” Seokjin cursed out loud, getting up from his bed. He refreshed himself and went out of his bedroom to the living room again.

The sun was streaming through the large windows of their modern, meticulously organized apartment. Every item had its place; the space exuded a sense of order and efficiency. To Seokjin, it was really boring.

He noticed Jeongguk, fully dressed in a work suit, sitting at the dining table eating his breakfast: a smoothie, a bowl of oatmeal, and a cup of coffee.

Seokjin pulled out a chair and took a seat. “Good morning, husband... no, wait... good morning, my straight husband.”

There was no response from Jeongguk. He was engrossed in reading something on his phone and having his breakfast. Seokjin noticed extra coffee in the coffee pot, so he grabbed a cup for himself, poured some coffee, and took his first sip.

“God, it tastes like shit. How are you drinking this?” Seokjin grimaced, putting the cup down.

But he received no response from him.

"Jeongguk," Seokjin called out.

"Jeongguk," he said, forcefully banging on the table, causing the coffee to splatter on Jeongguk's face just as he was about to take a sip.

Finally, Jeongguk looked up, a hint of irritation in his eyes. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You could have answered, but I swear I didn't mean to. Sorry," Seokjin apologized, handing a tissue to Jeongguk. Thankfully, the coffee didn't spill on Jeongguk's suit.

Jeongguk stood up, took his empty plate and Seokjin's coffee mug, which he was still drinking from, and poured it into the sink. He then washed his face and used a tissue to wipe it clean.

Seokjin paused for a moment. "Wasting food isn't cool, Jeongguk. I hate people who unnecessarily waste food. Even though it was terrible, I was still drinking it."

"Shut the fuck up!" Jeongguk shouted.

"Don't scream. I'm right here. Even if you say 'shut the fuck up' in the lowest decibel, I would still hear.”Seokjin restarted his tone calmer but firm.

“God,” Jeongguk muttered, covering his face with his palms. He checked his watch. “Shit.” He approached Seokjin, still at the dining table. “You’re testing my patience, Seojin. You have no idea what you’re getting into. Consider this a warning,” he said, grabbing his bag from the couch and heading towards the door.

“It’s Seok-Jin, by the way, not Seo-Jin,” Seokjin corrected.

Jeongguk paused for a second but ignored the comment as he unlocked the door.

“Bye, honey. Go make more money. Gotta feed the kids,” Seokjin called out.

Jeongguk bit his lip hard, clenched his fist, and let out a heavy breath, turning to glare at Seokjin, who waved him goodbye with a smile.

Just as Jeongguk was about to say something, his phone rang.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming. I know I’m fucking late, Park. Just stall them,” Jeongguk said into the phone before slamming the door shut and leaving the house.

Seokjin chuckled, resting his head on the dining table. He closed his eyes for a moment, then took out his phone to order breakfast.

…….

Jeongguk is a person who values punctuality above all else. He meticulously plans everything in advance, calculating the results beforehand, whether in business or personal life. He avoids making rash decisions and follows a strict set of rules from waking up to going to bed, including his food and gym schedules. Even a slight change in his routine can make him frustrated. As he reached the parking lot, the driver opened the door for him. Jeongguk got into the car and glanced at his watch again, realizing he was running behind schedule. His usual routine, which leaves no room for error, had been thrown off balance because of the man he married into getting on his nerves since the previous night.