Chapter 8 - Excalibur

There was silence, just silence. Speechless when Big Paw called Adam the name: Arthur. Adam himself is also taken aback by this. Thinking surely he can't be talking about that king Arthur.

"Me? Now look, that's my middle name. There has to be a mistake here." Adam claims. "My nose doesn't, it is you alright. Did the necklace do anything?" Big Paw asks Adam. "It did, I saw. It glowed the moment I saw two bad men break the scone bone." Whopper said. "That's not all, It also glowed when I was in trouble, and he saved me." Beamer backs up the claim. "Hold it, let's slow down. I said it wasn't me, it was someone else that did it for me." Adam retorts.

"Someone else?" Big Paw felt clueless of the context. "I heard his voice change and the blue glow was surrounding him." Beamer explains. Big Paw at first doesn't know, but it was when he figured it out. "Then it was him." Big Paw said. "Arthur, as in King Arthur of Camelot?" Cooler said. "It must be, Arthur requested his mentor to forge the necklace that would have to pass on to his generations. During the war with Mc. Nasty he puts the sword back where it belonged." Big Paw states. "You mean." Whopper was about to say.

"Excalibur is here, in this very woods. And I know where it is." Big paw said. "Lead the way Big Paw." Cooler said. "Hop right on my friends." Big Paw sits down for his friends to get on his back easily. They all each took turns getting on his back. Once everyone is ready to go. Big Paw leads them to the location of the sword, Excalibur.

Big Paw follows his own tracks of paw prints where time is lost. His paw prints now grew some green grass, some of them now a spot used for a small pond. Big Paw recalls the time where he was last here. "I remember this path ever since then. Where he was here with his pup, chased down by a mean man." Big Paw recollects the memories. The whole group takes their time to look around at this scenery. Just some trees, and the thorns passing by.

"It all happened there, where I watched him run." Big Paw tells them like he's being a storyteller. From the way he describes the scene. Cooler joins in. "Hey, one of my family told me this similar tale. My ancestor Digalot was being chased by a black knight Mc. Nasty. Digalot stood against him to protect Arthur, his owner." Cooler said.

"That would make it a coincidence." Whopper added. "Yes, I was able to open a path for him before he was chopped. He was a good runner, then at long last. Him and Digalot found the sacred relics I was hiding. Like a good guard dog." Big Paw goes on. "Excalibur." Whopper guesses. "The bone of scone." Beamer finishes. "It's where puppy power was found." Reflex said.

What felt like an hour, but Big Paw came to a halt. "We're here everyone." Big Paw announces. They all took turns getting off of his back. They all look in awe. "My stars." Nose Marie said. "There it is." Whopper said next. "Well look at that." Charlemagne said in awe.

At the center of the swamp. There were no puddles. Instead there was dirt and grass around it. Showing signs of nature that grew there like flowers and plants. Of course some roots and vines. The stepping stones are now just stones. leading to the very sword once wielded by Arthur. Excalibur, still deep into the stone.

"I can't believe it, it's real. Excalibur is real." Adam said who is flabbergasted at the sight of Excalibur. "But why wasn't the sword found at the museum?" Charlemagne wonders. "That's because Arthur didn't want the sword to be found. Fearing the sword and the bone will fall into the wrong hands. So the bone was well hidden, while the sword is back where it belongs." Big Paw answers the question.

"Knowing MC. Nasty would come looking for it." Cooler said and slammed his fist into his palm. "Exactly. "Adam, the sword hasn't been used for generations. Overtime, it lost its power. So it started to rust and decay. But with your necklace, Excalibur's power will be restored. Your charm contains the very same power from the bone." Big Paw said.