Chapter 10: To Escape The Reality

William and the others arrive at the location as shown on Christopher's tablet. Not directly, just a mile away.

"Here's the plan." William adjusts his glasses. "We have to secure every point around this place so that one of us can get inside."

"Well, we can't let Elle in, obviously. She's powerless." Dorothy points at Elle—who snuffles after hearing it. "Chris, how guarded is that place?"

Chris takes yet another look at his tablet. "Heavily guarded."

"How? It looks empty from here."

"Because they use laser turrets, not real security guards. There are, maybe, eight of them around this building."

"Ah, makes sense."

"Laser turrets?" William puts his hand on his chin, thinking. "Do we have a sharpshooter?"

Jeoung raises her hand.

"Pfft, seriously?" Michael seems to doubt her.

Jeoung ties her hair higher than before, side-eyeing Michael. "Oh, you've seen nothing, Mike."

She then summons Kim, which then turns into a digital sniper rifle that shoots lasers instead of bullets-William recognized those kinds of android drone.

"Is shooting your hobby or something?" Dorothy asks while Jeoung is aiming for the first turret.

"If you mean aim training, then yes." She answers shortly.

"Did you ever miss your target?"

"Handful of times. But now, I'm better." Jeoung loads the sniper rifle with a tiny tube of plasma energy, aiming at one of the turrets not far from where they're standing.

"Is it silenced?" William's turn to ask.

"Of course. Don't worry."

And just like that, a laser beam shoots from the rifle without any sound, hitting the enemy turret perfectly.

"Bullseye hit!" Jeoung sounds and looks happy.

"It's only because the turret was closer to us. Not impressive." Michael just straight up commenting about it—in reality, he's a little jealous.

"Okay, fair enough." Jeoung aims at another turret, a little farther than the previous one. "Watch and learn, Beckett."

She immediately shoots at the turret, another bullseye hit.

Michael is taken aback for a moment, but he quickly recovers. "I'm still not impressed."

"Your tone suggests otherwise, though." Charlie smirks.

"Perhaps it's just you, big-head."

"Enough!" Jeoung aims at yet another turret-the farthest by now—and gets a bullseye hit once again.

Even Charlie is surprised by Jeoung's shooting skill.

"Three down, five more to go." Christopher on the other hand, he doesn't care, as long as the coast can be cleared of any traces of enemy mark.

"Right." Jeoung shoots at another turret, close to the first damaged one. "Is this side clear?"

Christopher checks his tablet. "Yeah- wait a minute."

Everyone looks at Christopher in worry.

"The turrets on the other side are all damaged already."

Elle panics. "Oh no! Do they discover our appearances here?"

"Calm down, Elle." William looks around. "I don't think they found out about us yet. It might be someone else."

"Maybe Evelyn broke out of the building herself?" Dorothy puts her hand in her chest.