BEYONCÉ GISELLE KNOWLES

"Solange, I don't know. Maybe I do?"

"Exactly! You do like her!"

"It's only been a week or two."

"And you're lesbian! You can marry her tomorrow." I sighed, laying my head down on her pillows.

"Maybe I do like her. I just don't know."

"What do you like about her?"

"She has dimples! Oh my gosh, Solo! You should see how deep they are. She doesn't smile often, but when she does it makes me happy."

"Seems like you like her to me."

"Why do you say that? You just told me to name things I like about her."

"Maybe because you're smiling as you talking about her."

"Am I?"

"You are dumbo!"

"Oh... well she gave me her number."

"Did you ask for it?"

"Duh! How else was I supposed to get it?"

"Look at you growing some balls. I can't believe you got a girls number."

"Solange, don't make me slap you."

"Calm down."

"Calm down? You act like I can't get a girls number."

"This the first girl number that you've got. So
I am surprised." I flicked her off, before throwing a pillow at her head.

"No it's not! You know it's not."

"I don't know, Beyoncé. End of this conversation. Let's talk about how you're about to get a girlfriend."

"I don't know if I like her just yet, Solo."

"You know you like her. You smile too hard when you talk about her."

"What? No I don't." I got off of her bed, mugging her.

"You do."

"Shut up. Imma go bother mama." I walked out of her room, into the living room, "Mama?"

"Hey, Honey. How are you?" I sat down next to her and laid my head on her shoulder.

"I'm doing fine. Just a little sleepy."

She kissed my forehead, rubbing my back, "I talked to your father."

"He doesn't care right? I already knew that, mama."

"He said he'll try to build a relationship with you." I rolled my eyes, sitting up straight.

"You think I want a relationship with him now, Ma? I'm sorry but I can't do that. He's hit me before and you didn't do anything about it. I don't want a-a relationship with him." I bit my bottom lip, fighting back my tears.

"Honey-"

"Ma, please. You don't u-understand how I feel. Dealing with him is a whole headache."

She wrapped both of her arms around me, kissing my forehead, "I'm sorry, Honey. If he doesn't try, it's over."

"I don't want a relationship, mama. He's an abuser." She's not understanding. I do not want a relationship with this man in any way, shape, or form.

"Can you atleast try?"

"No, I'm not about have a black eye. Sorry, Ma."

"I understand. Are you hungry? I cooked."

"Yea... you can fix me a plate."