chapter 1

word key:

Tsahìk=high priestess/interpreter of Eywa
sa'nu/sa'nok=mommy/mother sempul= father
kelku=home
tsmuke= sister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold and exhausted, that's what he felt, in the water after swimming for Eywa knows how long, he knew the fighting had stopped with the lack of shouting and guns firing, but he didn't know how far he was from the island or the ship that was sinking last he saw it, he was sure that he wanted to rest even if it was only for a minute he had been swimming for what felt like hours trying to get back to the sully's, so he just stayed in the water floating on his back, too tired to move much or be too aware of his surroundings.

"I found someone!" It was a voice, muffled by the gentle but consistent movement of the waves that cared him, he didn't really pay it any mind too tired to focus on other's whereabouts and trying to stay awake but it was like his body was fighting with him, getting heavier with each second that passed as his consciousness kept fading in and out. He felt the water shift, someone was coming towards him on what he couldn't really tell.

There were small black dots clouding his vision as he felt someone pick him up out of the water and set him in front of them moving so that he was leaning onto them "don't worry you are safe now i'll take you to the Tsahìk, you'll be fine" said the voice they sounded a bit far and muffled to spider dew to the exhaustion that raked his body. But he felt like he could trust the mysteries voice for now, they sounded calming, and leaned into them, despite being in the water they were much warmer than he was, so not having much other choice he finally let himself rest, at least for a bit.
~~~~~~~~~

Spider felt warmer than he was before and alot more comfortable. He wanted to lay there for a while longer before any of the recoms came to bother him. He moved to get more comfortable than paused and thought for a moment, then he realized, wasn't he just on in open water in the middle of a fight with the RDA and an ocean clan? Spider quickly sat up a bit and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, trying to wake up more to survey his surroundings.

After a minute he glanced around, he realized he was in what looked to be a healer's hut, it was a bit small but there were a two other mats a few feet away from him, there were also some different herbs and plants tied in neat bundles that hung from the ceiling that looked to be drying out, a few short stands with bowls, cups, and other containers on top as well as a few different sized cloths that were stored on a shelf beneath them and finally a small fire pit that sat a bit into the ground closer to the wall with what looked to be a pot hanging above it,with something cooking inside, it sat opposite to what he Assumed was the entryway.

He could hear others walking around outside and talking but couldn't make out any specific words. He sat there for a few minutes trying to remember how he got here, and where exactly 'here' was, though he didn't have to wait as long as he thought because before long he could hear two sets of feet making their way closer to him. They were talking and as they got closer he was able to make out what they were saying.

"Is what sa'nu said true?!" The first voice sounded young and full of curiosity, they remind him a bit tuk but he could tell it wasn't, the second voice sighed "yes, but your not supposed to be here, sa'nok said she wanted you to stay in the kelku sooo go back" they drew out there words a bit, but unlike the first voice this one sound older and a bit annoyed. By now they had stopped a few meters from the hut he was in, their silhouettes barely visible with the flap closed "why! i want to see what he looks like'' the shorter one wined "because he needs to heal, besides you'll probably see him when sa'nok and sempul come to speak with him" "maybe but that means i have to wait and that's boring"

The older one chuckled, "then i guess you'll just have be bored then, now go i have to see if–" "i'll just take a peek really quick" "wha- hey!" the older one called after her but it fell on deaf ears and with that spider could hear the younger one rapidly approach the hut, before he could do anything else the flap was pulled back a bit and a small na'vi girl made herself know, she looked surprised to see that he was awake "it is true!" she gasped Before he could say anything she stepped back outside, letting the flap fall close behind her and started talking to who he assumed to be the other girl "Y/n, Y/n! Hurry up, come see!" the other person- Y/n he assumed- rushed to the little girl huffing a bit "zo'ile what did i tell you, i'll get in trouble if you go in there by yourself" she sounded annoyed but not to surprised.

"But Y/n look, he's awake!" she exclaimed excitedly, opening the flap with one hand while pulling the older girl inside the hut with the other "see!" she exclaimed, spider moved to sit up properly and looked towards the pair. The younger of the two was now hanging off of the latters arm leaning forward a bit to get a better look at him as if he was further from them than he actually was and was all but jumping in place with excitement now that she finally got to see him, the older girl didn't respond and seemed to be more surprised to see that he was awake and moving, she studied him a bit, seeing as when she found him she had to rush him to land due to the broken mask he had on.

when their eyes finally met it felt like something had knocked all the air from their lungs, it was like time had stopped. They were both stuck staring at each other as if when one of them blinked the other world disappear without a trace, spider noticed her eyes first, they were a striking blueish green with specks of E/C in them, they were calming yet striking to him like he'd know her his whole life despite having never met, the next thing he noticed was her skin, aside from the fact that they weren't anywhere near, it was obvious she wasn't a forest na'vi with her teal skin and fluid but distinct markings that framed her face and trailed down her body, her hair was H/C and say for a few strands that fell into curls, was pulled back into a braid that seemed to continue into her queue, the last thing he noted was how her arms were wider like fins and that her tail was much flatter than that of the Na'vi or avatars he'd seen. Overall he was in awe.

Despite it properly being a minute or two, It felt like hours before a quit giggling interrupted their little staring contest, both jumping slightly turning toward the sound, clearing her throat Y/n turned to look and the younger na'vi "zo'ile go-go get sa'nok, let her know he's awake" she said lightly pushing her toward the entryway, still giggling she agreed and left,Y/n turned back toward spider finding him to have sat up properly and already looking back at her. Shifting a bit under his gaze she asks "you- you can understand me right?" spider nodded his head not quite trusting his words yet, the na'vi noticeably brightening at this "oh good, here you must be hungry" she said a sigh of relief escaping her as she moved toward the pot, poking at the fire under it a bit before fixing him a bowl "here" she handed him the bowl Before sitting down, and ensuring she was sitting a reasonable distance in front of him without overwhelming him.

Spider mumbled a quick thanks and downed its contents, he set the bowl down and went to wipe his mouth. That's when he noticed it, his mask,it was gone. His eyes went wide as he started to look around him, he stopped when he heard quite chuckle he turned looked at the na'vi in front of him "sorry" her ears when down a bit "it just-are you alright you look confused" she looked at him expectantly her head tilted a bit "uh no- no i'm fine its just my mask-" he cut himself off and sat back with a dumbfounded look on his face running hand through his dreads "it gone". The girl paused then remembered "oh you mean-" she was cut off when they heard someone approaching the hut.

"Excuse me," you quickly got up and stepped outside. Letting the flap close as you left, taking swift steps you met your mother halfway greeting her "mother, I see you" she returned the greeting before saying "your tsmuke tells me the boy is awake"

"He is, his wounds were light and seem to be healing already" you explained. She smiled at you "that's good i take it he's asking questions then?" "a few" "i see, well there's no use standing here the sooner i see him the better, your father wishes to speak with him" with that you both walked back to the tent.