CHAPTER 5

I couldn't sleep properly at all. Every time I close my eyes, I could see him looking at me like he's in love with me. And then I would feel his thumb tracing my lips- Stupid hormones! 

Planning an outdoor pre engagement shoot has been hectic. It has been over an hour since we all are sat at Rishi's apartment, rummaging through internet for a perfect spot. I don't know why Inaya is taking all this effort just for the engagement. I really think she should keep all this for the wedding. But when I raised my opinion all she said was that we get engaged only once. Fair point. 

Usually the pre wedding video shoots are done at places of nature, I don't know probably to look naturally romantic? Hence during the first half of our conversation I suggested this pretty waterfall that is only a 45 minute drive from our city. Only when Rian reminded us that it is now summer and there won't be much water in the reservoirs that I realized how dumb I was. I didn't speak after that. 

While pretending to be searching through google, I kept on scrolling through memes in Instagram as I heard what they were discussing in the background. 

"What about this forest like plantation area behind our aunt's house?" Neil asks Rishi and they both consider that option. 

"Right, I could dress up like a princess who is running away from her enemies and then Rishi could come save me." Inaya says in fictional imagination. 

"Neil and Rian could be the enemies who are chasing me wearing all black." Inaya continues in delusion. 

"Right, and I could be the horse that you initially were riding but then I get arrowed by one of your enemies." I say pretty annoyed that I was not given a role. 

Everyone starts laughing and I smile a little. 

"You could be the fairy godmother." Inaya wiggles her eyebrows in sarcasm. 

"Oh, shut up." I divert my focus back into the meme page. 

That's when I get a text message from Rian. I look over him, who's very informally lounged on the grey couch, his shirt unbuttoned a few down his collar. 

Rian : Wanna get out from here?

Vanhi : Inaya would kill me.

Rian : I asked a simple yes or no question.

I raise my eyebrows but he is just focused on his screen.

Vanhi : Where?

Rian : Rishi has some good games in his ps5.

Vanhi : I'm in if there's fall guys.

Rian : Meet me at the game room in five minutes.

I just smile. Why is he being suspicious? He stands up and just leaves without even giving an explanation to the other three people on the couch desperately arguing how the aunt would probably not allow us wandering around her estate. I not so patiently wait for those five painful minutes then stand up so quickly in excitement that my mind flips itself.

What's gotten into me? Why am I acting so stupidly excited? We're just playing a game together. Nothing special about it. I remind myself to keep a safe distance from his tricks by patting on my cheeks. The action takes attention of Rishi, Inaya and Neil.

"Uh, I- I need to use restroom." I lie. Why did I lie? God.

"Just use the one in the guest room." Rishi says and goes back to his conversation with Neil and Inaya. Inaya looks at me in suspicion.

"What?" I ask her.

"Nothing. You're just a little weird lately."

"Huh" I cough "you too." I say and walk away.