𝟎𝟑

Sorry, the number you have been calling is currently unreachable

Sorry, the number you have been calling is currently unreachable. Please try again later.

A sigh of irritation left my lips as I heard the same line again from the other side of the phone. It's probably the sixth time I have been calling Avyay, but my efforts were in vain as the call got disconnected every time.

I missed one of my crucial meetings and my weekly appointed spa just to get ghosted by my fiancé? Time is precious, and I hoped he would have been careful about it.

On top of that, it's raining. I am not necessarily fond of rain and getting wet in it. I could've just hung out with Shravya and Inaaya; after all, they will be leaving soon after my marriage.

What's better than a date with your comfort person? Some men are disappointment in this department anyway.

Maybe the waitress passing by caught my exasperated expression because she passed me a weird look. The forced smile which I returned immediately made her scutter away.

I have been waiting in the café for the last thirty minutes for him. We were supposed to visit the NGO which is run by my mother. After every occasion, we visit there to share our happiness with those we came to consider our extended family.

We were supposed to go there together as a pair for the first time after our engagement, but look now. I am trying to get in touch with him, but he ghosted me.

The practical side of my brain said that maybe he is stuck somewhere; he is a businessman after all, but he could've at least informed me. His inability to keep his word upset me.

I won't lie, I was a little bit excited for today. On our engagement, we had an awkward tension between us. So today, I was eager to know him and for him to be with me before we finally tie the knot.

Should I visit his place? I sipped on my favorite latte as I pondered over my decision. I looked at my watch. As the clock ticked, I slammed the cup down, eyes burning with determination.

Paying the bill, I gathered my belongings and made up my mind to give him a visit.

Upon arriving at the mansion, the guards present there opened the gates for me to enter. I made my way towards it.