Slip Ups

[WARNING: This chapter has descriptions of digestion, along with the usage of slurs.]

"FORGIVE ME, KNIFE!"

"I can't- IM SO HUNGRY!"

"I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST MEAL I HAD!"

———

I sat on the lake's dock, watching as the sun slowly set. The breeze blowing against my body in a soothing manner. Suitcase was standing next to me, trying to skip rocks. Unfortunately, her...lack of arms made that difficult.

"Ugh, I wish I could do more than just kick them." She mumbled, sitting down on the dock and watching her feet dangle. "What's it like having arms?"

I leaned back, thinking about it. "Hard to describe, what's it like to not have arms?"

We both laughed. Eventually, Suitcase got an idea. She opened her lid, placing a rock at the edge of the open side. She pulled down the lid with her foot and let go, attempting to send it into the lake. Unfortunately, the rock went the wrong direction and hit Baseball instead.

"OW! What was that for?!" He yelped.

"So sorry, Baseball!" Suitcase cried out. "I'm so sorry, I was trying to send it into the lake, and-"

"Nono, it's okay, it was clearly an accident." he walked over, a soft smile on his face. "Though be careful next time." He kicked a rock into the water, almost hitting Lightbulb, who had just popped her head out of the lake.

"Omga!" She shouted, looking at us, and immediately brightened up. "Hey! What're you guys up to, throwing rocks?"

"Something like that," I replied. "and you are..?"

"Looking for a friend for Baxter! I remember reading something about some types of crabs getting lonely, so maybe I can bring one back over to the hotel when MePhone comes back!"

"That... where did you read that?" Baseball asked. I nudged him to shut him up.

"Don't remember." She quickly swam over, climbing up on the dock. "No luck finding crabs today, though. Maybe tomorrow. If I'm lucky, it'll be another eldritch god, just like Baxter!"

It was quiet for a moment when Baseball spoke up again. "Do you guys think MePhone will ever come back?"

"Of course!" Lightbulb responded, chipper as ever. "He said he would. Maybe he's just taking a quick break!"

"Quick break being two months so far..." I heard Suitcase mumble under her breath. I frowned at that statement.

"Try to look on the bright side—no pun intended, Lightbulb—we have some peace and quiet from the stress of the competition."

Suitcase sighed after hearing me out. "I guess you're right, but the anticipation is kinda eating away at me, you know?"

"Yeah," I responded, patting her handle.

"I know."

———

When I opened my eyes again, my head and upper torso was trapped in some sort of tight tunnel. I struggled to free myself, kicking my free legs, attempting to scream for some sort of help.

I tried pushing myself out with my hands, only to be met with a burning sensation. The walls were covered in some sort of stomach acid. It dripped down onto my head, causing a small portion of my head to dissolve. I screamed in agony, continuing to try to shove myself out of Suitcase, instead of doing that, I only further burned and tore apart my hands.